Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roxie26
I've Been Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Don't receive messages and any calls

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @roxie36

Have you tried to do a factory reset on your device to see if that will fix it? Have you tried to change your SIM card to see if that was the issue? Have you contacted Rogers via live chat or calling them?

RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @roxie26

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Are you still experiencing issue with messages and calls? Have you recently updated your device?

@Meowmix has provided suggestions to try to resolve the issue.

Let us know how that works out.

@RogersPrasana

DJNelles
I've Been Around

Over the past several days, my wife (who has an iPhone 6 with Telus) has sent a number of text messages to my Roger's Samsung Galaxy S6. Any one of three things happen:

1) The message is delivered instantaneously
2) The message is delayed (anywhere between a minute to two or three hours)
3) The message is never delivered at all.

There doesn't seem to be any pattern or rationale for this. She has been connected to different cell towers, and this doesn't make a difference. She has sent several messages consecutively in a short span of time - some make it right away? And some get delayed. The only similarity seems to be that the problem occurs after 5pm most days - texts during the day are not impacted... we think!

Has anyone ever encountered this? Any suggestions for solutions?

silentstorm88
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

@DJNelles

Is this only happening when when your Wife sends you a message?

Are you running 5.1.1?

If so you may want to have a look at this post

ss

Dog
I've Been Around

Everyone with Rogers and this update had issues, I was looking around online and since all Canadian models are the same, I ota updated using the eastlink 5.1.1 firmware for my s6 and haven't had a single issue everything has been working mint. Maybe Rogers should look into that firmware and see what eastlink did that it works without issue.
verticalj
I've Been Here Awhile

Samsung S6 network issues

hi,

I've noticed that from time to time i cannot receive any calls or sms.  I have wifi connected and if i turn it off I can receive calls and get whatever sms that i was supposed to get.

my network mode settings are set to "GSM/HSPA/LTE (auto connect)" and also have wifi smart network switch on

I'm running android version 5.1.1

anyone else have a similar issue?

regards

Bryanb58
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello,

Boy am I glad to find this thread.  I have definitely had connectivity issues with my S6.  Initially I just started to not receive texts/phonecalls would not come through and go straight to voicemail.  Then the next day my phone would just fail every text message sent out.  I phoned rogers at this point and they reset my profile and suggested I switch my sim card with my wife to see if it could be a sim problem.  I decided to just wait and try some of the other fixes that I had seen suggested.

The one I have seen are to turn off voLTE and just straight up disabling LTE.  While I don't particularly care about voLTE, disabling that did not seem to fix it/sometimes it would for a bit but then the problem of delayed text receipt would return.  Turning off LTE has also not always worked for me, mostly working but sometimes even then I would still have the odd delay issue.

The real funny thing about my experiences are that I was mostly experiencing when I was connected to the tower that covers my town.  When I am at work or when I go into the city I didn't really seem to experience the issue at all so I am not really sure why thats the case.  

Anyways I got a new sim card yesterday the problem became apparent again this morning.  I decided to give my phone a factory reset and everything seemed ok for about the first 30 min.  Then my texts wouldn't send again (not fail just sit with the sending circle). I tried to just turn off voLTE and for the whole day I don't believe I have gotten any delayed texts and I have been sending no problem....

I will note I was one of the first 5.1.1 release upgraders (i am very avid for update checks haha) but boy do I regret it if this is the reason for all my issues (although they did not begin right when I got the update either).  

I am not sure what else to do but I do know that I am certainly convinced that this is a software issue and not a hardware one.  I hope to see a fix soon and I am glad I am not the only one experiencing this crap.

Thanks

sean_2227
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello not sure if anyone can help me or if anyone has had this issue before. 

I have the samsung Galaxy s6 running 5.1.1  and interminently I wont recieve calls or text message. People have told me they try and call me and it goes right to answer machine. no messages of a missed call or nothing. if i noticed i havent recieved a text in a while ill restart my phone and then i will recieve 15-20 messages all at once.. no missed call or anything.  

Thanks. 

blueangel74
I've Been Around

Samsung s6 not functioning properly after update 5.1.1

I have 2 lines on my account one with s6 edge an one just an s6 .after doing the update a week ago the phones are still acting up with not receiving txts an going straight to voicemail after we restart the phones txt start to come in an then after 10 mins we don't get anything. I switched from an iphone to a samsung an paid alot for these phones an did not expect to have these problems.