Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

I flashed a custom rom on my phone which is running 5.1.1 and everything is working perfectly. 🙂

For those who are rooted i encourage you to do the same. The others, don't as it will void your warranty, unless you don't care.

cheers,

Rogers Employee LeTricolore
Rogers Employee

@tweaked in the meantime, you can disable your LTE from the Settings > Mobile Networks > Network Mode menu. Not ideal, but it does work. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Who do I need to contact to receive a credit ? I called customer support and technical support and nobody wants to give me a credit they told me that I need to go in store to confirm the problem... They know that all Galaxy S6 users have this problem.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Ok... so what should I do?

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Hi @gmantonz

I'd like to help with the issues you have been having with your device.

The warranty on the device is provided by the Manufacturer who outlines the terms. The terms indicate one you exceed the 15 day period you may receive a refurbished device.  All manufacturers participate in refurbishment practices & the device is provided by Samsung and still carries a warranty.

From personal experience with Samsung devices, it important to note the time refurbishment takes on newly released devices. For example if I have a newly released device that was fine for example 18 days then was hit with a manufacture defect in that time its highly unlikely a manufacturer refurbished the model and would provide you with "service/refurbished" model which may not come in the brand new packaging box but has all new components. 

We would be glad to help look into the issue and should it determined the device has a defect it would be eligible for warranty if the terms are met.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

RogersAsif

I Plan to Stick Around

S6 5.1.1. Update Review

Question: who has updated their S6 and had a good experience with it so far?

I've Been Around

Hey guys, I'm a new poster here and it's mainly because I can't find anyone else who's had this issue with their S6 as of yet. 

Since updating my Galaxy S6 to 5.1.1 Lollipop, I've been having mobile network connection issues.

I've noticed that when I move from an area of poor service, to an area of adequate service, where the mobile network connection frequency protocol is required to switch modes, the phone's connection will in a sense, "freeze."  When this happens, my phone indicates that there is still a mobile network connection, but there actually is not. All attempts to revive the connection fail. This is pretty annoying because I actually don't know that my phone isn't recieving any messages/calls until my family or girlfriend message me through some alternate service in which then when i restart my phone i'll recieve the influx of everything I missed. The phone WILL NOT be able to send/receive calls/text/data until the phone is rebooted.

I was wondering if anyone else experienced or is experiencing the same issue? I really don't know what to do right now, as i've never dropped my phone so I don't think there should be any thing wrong with the phone physically. 

Thanks a lot!

Community Manager
Community Manager

On a personal note, my S6 Edge was updated to 5.1.1 on October 6th and I haven't had any call, text, VoLTE or 4G/LTE connection issues at all.

I had also not upgraded on the first rollout date on September 3rd.

RogersDarrell

I'm Here A Lot

THE ISSUE  is I have seen many who has problems with the 5.1.1 update, and a few who didn't.

THE QUESTION is,  why? is there different type of S6 series, bad batch good batch?   or was the 5.1.1 update has been changed?  If the update has been changed, how do we know if its changed before we risk to upgrade?

I Plan to Stick Around