Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Hi @cstl3722

That's definitely frustrating to deal with. Let's check some of your settings.

Can you verify that VoLTE is turned off under your phone settings and try using your phone?

I’m also going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps. Please check our message via the envelope icon that appears on the top right-hand side of your screen when you are logged in to the forums.

@RogersPrasana

squippo
I've Been Here Awhile

I had talk to the tech support everyday since Wednesday Oct 7th. And there are people told me different story time. So of them told me that Rogers aware of the issue and some of them decline that there are any issue at all even i told them it is all over the internet. I was told by the tech support manager, that they have no idea when the problem can be fix competely, and if the customer has an open ticket, they will get notice otherwise, Rogers wont announce anything about the issue. I had ask them if the problem still there after a month, will Rogers give the customer an option to roots the phone for free so we can try downgrade the phone back to the older version. but he said no, and he said it is all samsung fault, nothing to do with Rogers at all.

langenet
I Plan to Stick Around

This is not a phone setting issue. Rogers called me and told me the issue was resolved. Never had a problem since -phone is on voLTE.

Have not had problem since

squippo
I've Been Here Awhile

This is the funny part. I know that you write here as ur personal opinion, and it have nothing to do with Rogers. Even ur aware that the new update had not just a samsung thing, rogers has to modify the software and test it before they release it to the customer. I just dont see why all the tech support person still insist that the problem of no incoming call have nothing to do with them.

Griftimus
I'm Here A Lot

If you are still experiencing problems contact tech support... they have to do a resend to switch along with something else... it corrects the issue with LTE provisioning. I went through three days of unreliable service and now all is working and I've got a credit to my account for the problems
Erwin12345
I've Been Here Awhile

Hey just so you know.... Rogers has had a massive problem with the Samsung 5.1.1 update and I'm one of them.... I have the Note 5 & on my 2nd device.... Only to realize the issues with the device was the Samsung 5.1.1 update.... It's keeps kicking the phones off the network... Being Umunabkebti make outgoing calls and getting the recording "This number is Not assigned" or it just hangs up.. Also not being able to send & receive texts or them being delayed.

Stay away until it's resolved. I was chatting to the Corporate accounts Tech yesterday Oct 10th and this was the information relayed to me. They said Rogers is in communications with Samsung to put out a Patch to fix this issue....
Mrnovanova
I Plan to Stick Around

That makes sense. I see everyone bashing Rogers but the fact of the matter is, VoLTE works on the iPhone and the LG Vigor without issue. Samsung has some kind of responsibility. A lot of people have been complaining about the s6/note5 (exynos) modem. Just saying...
LeTricolore
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Just called in and had them do a reset on my account. Was told to turn off my phone for a few minutes, so I guess I'll try that and hope for the best.

Erwin12345
I've Been Here Awhile

It'll work for maybe a day if you're lucky... Then just go back to the way it was.... Nothing will change until we get another patch from Samsung to fix what they messed up....
LeTricolore
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Nope. Not even working now.