Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Upgraded my Rogers S6 today to 5.1.1. I can no longer call, receive calls or text. Rogers told me that they have been working on this for 4 days and have no solution in sight. I travel for business and need my phone. What a bunch of garbage.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Just waited on hold with Rogers for 30 mins and then they hung up on me. You're makeing me angreeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

datacide, it is 100% due to the android Update. And Rogers has had over a month to sort this out. On September 4th they had to pull a previous version of 5.1.1 after 4 hours. The question is, with many other carriers dealing with Samsung, what is so different with Rogers' provisioning that it doesn't match other providers and mesh with Samsung and Android?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

VoLTE
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I tried the VoLTE setting change on an S6 and it didnt work, so I'm not sure that is a consistent workaround. If it were then it would be good if Rogers posted the exact steps, including any SIM card and rebooting steps. If Rogers is testing various changes on their end that might explain inconsistent results. I can't believe they haven't pulled it yet. They must have plenty of early adopters/guinea pigs already.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Anyone get an update that was 31MB in size

I had the 5.1.1 update from September 4th and this update I did last night did not say anything about what exactly it was for. Haven't had an issue with calls or texts since the 5.1.1 update but just wondering if anyone else got this small update?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Just got update on Oct 7th - so I figure it was the only one. Got calls in this morning without issue. So far so good!

I Plan to Stick Around

After speaking to Rogers and Fido a couple of times i can confirm that there is an issue and it is hitting everyone. It seems to be intermittent. So those who say that they got the update and everything is fine, you most likely have issues too but you are not aware of the missed calls.

Mine can get and make calls just fine and then out of the blue it goes straight to VM. If i disable wifi, calls work again... re-enable wifi and then i can still recieve calls but after a while i might start again.  I turned off VoLTE and it didnt make a difference. This morning i disabaled LTE completely and so far it seems to work. I'll post again if the problem comes back with LTE off.

Looks like the problem happens only when the phone is on LTE, regardless of VoLTE being on or off.

I understand that sometimes there is bugs but Rogers released this update with bugs a month ago. They pulled it out 24h later, took a whole month to fix and re-released with bugs still there. This is simply ridiculous and i can't imagine that the person who is in charge of software will keep their job. Fido promised to credit everyday from the 6th until the issue is resolved so at least they are doing something to make this better. I encourage you to call customer service and request a credit too as you are paying a bill for something that doesn't work and it's Rogers/Fido's fault for not testing properly before release.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I received a text from Rogers at 9:22pm saying the problem is resolved. Are you finding that to be true? LTE, VoLTE, texts and calls all working?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

This is far away to be resolved... Since this morning I can't make or receive a call. It composes the number and disconnects right after, same thing if someone tries to call me. I called Rogers support and no answer after waiting 1 hour on the line so I hung up. This is RIDICULOUS, what a joke Rogers, do you have real software engineers or they're 1st year student ? More than a entire month and still at the same place with this problem. I can not even call 911....