Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
langenet
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

That's the first thing I tried. Again, I can't use my phone as a phone. 😞

Mrnovanova
I Plan to Stick Around

@langenet Did you do a factory reset?
dragonmonkeyduc
I've Been Here Awhile

It's strange how this doesn't work for some people. However, when I disabled my VoLTE and I was able to text again.

Unfortunately I have another problem. My emails are broken and the body will not appear. I can only read the titles

Edit: That was this morning. I enabled VoLTE around 3:40pm and text/calling are working fine. My email is still acting up though.

Kperot
I Plan to Stick Around

Anyone know if this is only happening with S6/Samsung devices?

Strangely it seemed for a few minutes that Ibwas experiencing the missed calls issue but I was still able to text (send/receive) and then suddenly everything started working again.

I just received and carried on a 45 minute call with VoLTE enabled while texting.
langenet
I Plan to Stick Around

Ok... not sure if I actually powered off my phone after the upgrade. In any case I just did, then disabled the VoLTE and can now make calls.

Summary- power off phone then try again.

dragonmonkeyduc
I've Been Here Awhile

lol wow powering off to restart the phone fixed my email issues! 

Such a troublesome update but looks like all is well now on my end.

datacide
I've Been Here Awhile

I just got my phone and contract with Rogers on Monday. Downloaded the update yesterday afternoon. 2 hours later I could not longer connect to my office wi-fi. Every other wi-fi works. I then lost all service due to a problem on the system with the porting of my tells number. Many calls to tech and customer support later and I have service again. The thing is though, my phone no longer connects onot the LTE band, it just stays at 4g. Could this be related to the android update?
rh52
I Plan to Stick Around

Has this been resolved? My S6 is at 5.0.2 but keeps showing the notification that I should update to 5.1.1. If Rogers does not have this fully working then they should not be encouraging people to update.

paulgood
I Plan to Stick Around

I received the 5.1.1 update for my Galaxy s6 in August.  Right after that many calls went immediatly to voicemail and text messages were delievered about 2 hours after being sent.

Rogers told me to take the phone off LTE.  I did and that solved the problem.  It's a temp. fix.

Today I received a further update which I installed.  I called Rogers and they said today's update should fix the problem.  Turn off the phone for a minimum of 45 minutes.  Turn it on, then turn it off and on and everything should be ok.

Wrong.

First call that came in after that went straight to voicemail and I was notified of the call 3 hours latter via text message.

If you haven't upgraded to 5.1.1 stay away from it.

langenet
I Plan to Stick Around

The upgrade doesn't break the phone. It's a network provisioning issue on Rogers side... there is a team working on it. If you called about it, you will receive a message once the issue is fixed.

Roger's has be swamped with this today btw... they are taking this issue seriously.