Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

The issue is not going to happen with Telus - why because the problem is with VoLTE... Telus doesn't offer this service yet. I am however curious if the issue is happening for people who patched to 5.1.1 before the update was pulled back.

I updated to 5.1.1 when the update was first released and then the small update Tuesday. What I don't understand is that everything just works at random... right now I have LTE and drop to 4g when make a call or one comes in... however I know from my own testing that other every call made to me is getting to my phone or voice mail. I have played with VoLTE enabled and disabled without a difference.

Random side note - my reception is a lot better regardless of 4g or LTE calling since Tuesday's update... I just can't trust the service fully because I don't know if I am missing calls or texts coming in.

Tech has advised me the issue has been downgraded from severe to manageable and i think they disabledo VoLTE on the tower side.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

After I upgraded to 5.1.1 yesterday morning it was ok nothing unusual happened but yesterday aftermoon my SMS message started to fail. This is to any carrier and to android and IOS. Until now I can not send SMS but I can receive it.

Called Rogers support yesterday and they said that it's because of the update to 5.1.1.

I dont know if Rogers is working on this issue but it's so annoying!!!

So please dont update your phone

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I think the temp fix is to disable VoLTE on your phone - said earlier on this chane. Good Luck

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

its actually a NOT fix as SMS still fails ramdomly or in my case it only works initially and then goes back to the same issue with or without LTE on.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I am experiencing the same issue. I have a Samsung S6 edge. I just updated my device last night. As of today I can't make any calls (I get the message mentioned), and if others call me, they get a busy signal. Texting seems to be working fine.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: "The number you have called is not assigned"

mine is also broken now after update last night. Support said it's a network issue. Still, no phone usable for calls....

Extremely disappointed here....

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

so how do you disable lte?

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

@langenet

Swipe down from the top, hit settings gear icon, scroll down to Mobile Networks, press Network Mode, choose your option from there.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah... doesn't work. Set it to GSM and still can't make calls

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

@langenet

Sorry, maybe try disabling VoLTE?

In your Phone app, press MORE in the top right, go to settings, and you'll probably see "Use VoLTE when available". Disable that.