Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

I am on a Samsung Galaxy S6. I am not using data at all. Texting is fine, when I do go on data it is fine. It is just the calling. When I call out I get that message and when people call in they receive a busy signal. It has been like this since around 8:30pm. I am in Moncton, NB

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I am having this issue as well

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @cprocky,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Community Forums! Smiley Happy

I understand like others in this thread, you are receiving the following message:"The number you have called is not assigned". What device are you using? What has change since the last time it worked? What have you tried so far?

Thanks,
RogersArthur

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I am using samsung s6 and it started after I updated my phone today. I have tried turning it on and off but that's it so far

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I have tried everything that everyone has suggested/tried here.  I have an open ticket with tech.  I was told last night after opening the ticket to wait 2 hours, power off for 5 minutes and that should fix it.   Sadly it didn't, so I tried the power off 45 minutes... nothing.   For those of you who are getting calls that are going right to voice mail - Im jealous... I have had about 4 hours I know of that I can account for being able to make or receive calls - everything just drops before even trying to come to my phone.  

Until about 7:30 AM today I have not seen LTE on my phone since 10AM yesterday when round 2 of the problems started.

From everyone I have spoken to in tech I am hearing that the issue is with how Samsung expects the phone to provision and how Rogers actually provisions the phone (I'm paraphrasing a little) but at the end of the day its a provisioning issue with VoLTE and how it piggy backs on the LTE bandwidth.

Sad thing is -  I was able to make a Video Call and made calls over LTE when I had my 9 hours on Tuesday where I couldn't text right after updating...

Its just upsetting that I'm on a Premium Tab plan with various paid extras and I can use 2 of the 3 main features of the phone at anytime... and I can't control which ones...  I am really hoping that Rogers steps up and offers some type of compensation without people having to call in and beg/demand it... 

I'm fairly patient but when I miss an important long distance call or can't even make a simple call out when I'm away from home it pushes my level of patience.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Same issue here after update! No calls at all in or out but all other features are fine. please help. I am on a business trip and need my phone!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

This issue highlights the incompetence of Rogers when it comes to software. I've been saying this since the beggining of this thread. They hire either interns who haven't even finished school yet and are expected to work on softwares way above their skill level or have only a few employees.

Rogers only cares about the initial sale and the money you bring them period. They don't care what happens afterwards. The fact that most of us are locked into a contract, they will take their sweet time to fix this issue.

Look at the Note 4, since there is a new version out they decided to completely ditch it from the update schedule. Well this is the last phone i am buying from you guys.

I also find it also disgusting how Rogers pets and employees lie about other carriers having the same issue. My girlfriend is with Telus and has the update before Rogers and no issues with calls and texts. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@angeluszero wrote:

This issue highlights the incompetence of Rogers when it comes to software. I've been saying this since the beggining of this thread. They hire either interns who haven't even finished school yet and are expected to work on softwares way above their skill level or have only a few employees.

Rogers only cares about the initial sale and the money you bring them period. They don't care what happens afterwards. The fact that most of us are locked into a contract, they will take their sweet time to fix this issue.

Look at the Note 4, since there is a new version out they decided to completely ditch it from the update schedule. Well this is the last phone i am buying from you guys.

I also find it also disgusting how Rogers pets and employees lie about other carriers having the same issue. My girlfriend is with Telus and has the update before Rogers and no issues with calls and texts. 

I'm not in diagreement with you at all, but my S6 with Rogers has not had any of the problems with texting and missed calls after the latest 5.1.1 update.  And that's with VoLTE enabled.

There must be something that's happening on certain handsets.  I'm starting to question Samsung quality control (though that's an entirely different conversation).

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Kperot - Good to know  a positive feedback after all about the 5.1.1 upgrade.  Now I hope my phone is as good as yours,  I shall try the upgrade over the weekend and let everone know how my S6 took the upgrade.  🙂

cheers

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@CyrusK wrote:

Kperot - Good to know  a positive feedback after all about the 5.1.1 upgrade.  Now I hope my phone is as good as yours,  I shall try the upgrade over the weekend and let everone know how my S6 took the upgrade.  🙂

cheers

Hope it works out for you too.  🙂

We spent too much to be dealing with these issues IMHO.