Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LeTricolore
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

^^ and if that doesn't work, then disable LTE entirely. 

CyrusK
I'm Here A Lot

THanks both for the feedback,  just to clarify I have NOT performed the upgrade to 5.1.1 on my Galaxy S6 yet, But is there any other known issues with this upgrade but the SMS problem for Rogers S6 phones ?

disabling LTE is a big lost,  I demand on high-speed bandwidth, 4G is not fast enought 🙂

LeTricolore
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Everything else about the phone is working fine for me. Still a pretty big issue though.

nicknack1969
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm getting that message as well when I dial out. When someone calls me they get a busy signal. I can text and have access to wifi and data. I am in Moncton. Nb .. it's 9:21pm here and this has been since at least 8:30.

RogersAliciaG
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @nicknack1969

Welcome to the community!

I would like to help.

Can I confirm what type of device are you using?

Is anyone else in your area getting this error while making an outbound calls?

Regards

RogersAliciaG

wiseOne
I've Been Here Awhile

Updated this morning and am missing at least half of my text messages and so far ask of my phone calls have gone straight to VM. Arg!! Come on Rogers!!!
cpn
I've Been Here Awhile

I am receiving the same issues in London, Ontario. The issue is happening on 2 lines that we have, bothe are Galaxy s6, both were updated to 5.1.1 today

RogersAliciaG
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@cpn

Welcome to the community!

Thank you for letting us know of your current concern. 

Are you able to receive text or calls if you turn off the LTE and move to 3g only?

Regards,

RogersAliciaG

cory218
I've Been Around

I'm getting the same as you, no out calls or incoming calls, seems that ever sinse i updated today it's been giving me problems.

I'm in Manitoba

cpn
I've Been Here Awhile

@RogersAliciaG

Thanks 🙂

It does not make a difference for me, text and data work fine on both, when calling I get the "The number you have called is not assigned" message no matter if it is LTE or not.