Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Griftimus
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

So I am not sure how or why or what happened.   I had the tech do a resend to switch and multiple power cycles later - all is working... 

I've also heard that some people that pulling SIM card and letting the phone sit off for a few minutes solve the problems.

LeTricolore
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

I've tried the resend to switch, and pulling my SIM twice now. I've restored my phone to factory settings twice.

Nope.

karizma28
I've Been Here Awhile

I am in the same boat. No texts and missed calls keep showing up.....Rogers? I thought you tested these updates before completely disabling my phone. I have disabled LTE and switched to GSM only and tried other connections and still no texts are being sent? I have two other guys with the Galaxy S6 edge in my office and they don't have the same issue.

RogersAsif
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello Community

If you are having troubles with calls/texts and have not already had a ticket put in by Technical Support, Please send a Private Message to @CommunityHelps.

As a temporary solution you can try disabling LTE.

Thanks,

RogersAsif

Kperot
I Plan to Stick Around

No issues with texts nor dropped calls since applying the new update yesterday. i went directly from 5.0.2 to the new release of 5.1.1 and all has been great so far on my S6 

karizma28
I've Been Here Awhile

Calls seem to be okay now. I did switch over to GSM only and I can receive texts but cannot send texts.

AJ1
I'm Here A Lot

Yesterday I updated to 5.1 and its good so far. Today incoming or outgoing calls didn't work, so I'm guessing text messages also. Then I panicked for a bit and restarted my phone. After that, I called using home phone and got it then used my own to call home phone and it worked again. I asked my brother if he got my text and he did and I also got his reply. As for the battery, I'm at 79% with 13 hrs & 35 mins >_<. I will update when its at 100%. Will also update on how my calls and text doing if I'm recieving or not recieving. Usually when I get full battery on my cell, I get 23 hrs & 30mins or just 22 hrs & 30mins but now IDK! LOL 

CyrusK
I'm Here A Lot

Hello, I see that you are well verst in this space,  Just to save reading pages and pages,  just wanted to know

if there is any issues with the OS 5.1.1  for the Rogers   Galaxy S6 phone?  I had bad experience with the S5 and the upgrade last year from 4.X to 5.X  whih broke bunch of features.  I can't seems to find any issue noted anywhere,  but I have seen some people complain about not being able to use SMS  etc....  Please advise if there is any known issue to this upgrade?

I know there are few in US with other cariers 

Thanks

AJ1
I'm Here A Lot

i havent had any problems so far but my battery now at 100% for 17 hrs and 11mins only instead of 23 or 22 hrs at 100% LOL

karizma28
I've Been Here Awhile

Here is a temporary fix if anyone else is having the same issue.

Go into Settings>Apps>Phone and disabled voLTE, and now SMS works fine.