Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steveburke23
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

I have noticed im losing signal randomly for a second or two here and there but as Rogers posted it may take some time to provision..
steveburke23
I Plan to Stick Around

Update seems good now, did a power cycle , just made a call over LTE..works great.
cstl3722
I Plan to Stick Around

Is the new build number BOI6 ?

steveburke23
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes BO16 is the build number.
AJ1
I'm Here A Lot

I just finished downloading to 5.1.1. Finally have to option to disable motion wallpaper, alphabetical order on apps, & etc.... but the toggle for data is still not there. I tried going to quick panel restore again and still no luck 

edit: is there something else that i need to know? like disabling an app that might affect my bill or something like the ios9?

Mrnovanova
I Plan to Stick Around

@AJ1 Contrary to ios that feature (smart network switch) is off by default. So no worries.
Griftimus
I'm Here A Lot

I was able to make a VOLTE call also... however apparently its a known issue that can't send SMS.

Off to the store as per tech later today...

steveburke23
I Plan to Stick Around

I never had that problem even when i had installed the 5.1.1 update when it first rolled out in September before it was halted but this update should have fixed that SMS issue i though.. anyway update is working fine for me.
LeTricolore
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

I'm having the same issues with missed calls and texts since the update. I'm backing up my phone now, and going to try restoring it... sigh...

Nitin
I Plan to Stick Around

@LeTricolore wrote:

I'm having the same issues with missed calls and texts since the update. I'm backing up my phone now, and going to try restoring it... sigh...

@RogersDarrell

Having the same issues as well still, disabling LTE once again fixes the problem but is not a proper solution.