Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

@Nitin wait, so disabling LTE will let texts and calls come in? I'm almost always on WiFi, so I could live with that. Thanks for the temporary solution (assuming it works for me).

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@LeTricolore

Yes that will fix the problem and if you're usually on wifi that will work perfectly! http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Android/page/15/thread-id/31962

I have had no problems with phone calls or texts since I disabled my LTE but since I am usually not on WIFI the lack of LTE is very annoying most of the time.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@LeTricolore I've an idea, download 5.0.2 Rogers version from Sammobile (AOG2) extract it and just flash modem.bin in Odin it should fix your problem. Here the steps. Let me know if it worked

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I just made an interesting discovery, when I phone myself and I'm on LTE, just before it starts to ring it changes for 4G network and there it sounds ... I really don't know why it goes straight to voice mail for you guys. 

For those who are interested in flashing EastLink firmware, it's been a week now that I'm running it and memory management is really nice so far compared to 5.0.2 ram is always between 55-70%. Also it fixes data connection issue from 5.1.1 rogers version, my phone was always dropping LTE for EDGE... For battery life it's better but nothing impressive. Finally for texts and calls delays I can't explain, give it a try and tell me if it fixed the problem for you I just had feedback from @LeTricolore.

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

@cstl3722 tried just flashing the modem, and then when I booted up, I didn't even have the Mobile Network or whatever option in my settings anymore. My phone couldn't connect to any wireless network.

I reflashed the Eastlink firmware, and I'm able to now. Hopefully it fully reset my Rogers modem, so that LTE will work for me? I'll try it out throughout the day and see how it goes. 

Either way, I don't suggest just flashing the old modem, lol

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hello,

Has anyone been able to resolve these issues? I own a Galaxy S6 Edge and have been having the same problems for a few weeks now, in Vancouver. I sometimes can't receive calls and don't receive texts - often, the texts never get to me - I have noticed it when I'm on wi-fi, can't comment about when I'm not on wi-fi as I am not sure.

Samsung told me it was a Rogers issue. Which is it - Samsung or Rogers..!?

How do you turn VoLTE off?

Thanks,

Kevin

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Community!

5.1.1 for the Samsung GS6/S6Edge with VoLTE has gone live this morning.

NOTE: Power Cycle your device 30-min to 45 min after upgrading in order to provision VoLTE on the device. It make take some time to provision on the network.

RogersDarrell

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

yes got an update this morning must be a bug update for as I had already downloaded 5.1.1 before it was brought to a halt.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Same here. Update is happening right now.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@steveburke23 wrote:
yes got an update this morning must be a bug update for as I had already downloaded 5.1.1 before it was brought to a halt.

Same here.  Update is happening right now.

*Sorry for the double-post*