Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cstl3722
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Hi guys

I updated to 5.1.1 on my Rogers S6 using the EastLink firmware, they rolled it out last week at the same time as Videotron (BOI1 version) and I can confirm that it works fine. Rogers will probably release this version in few days or weeks. As usual, the firmware is the same across Canada, so same firmware for Bell, Telus, Rogers, etc... It installed the Rogers bloat automatically by detecting my SIM card. I did some tests and am experiencing no delays for calls or texts. Moreover, battery life seems to be better and ram is about 65-70% (with Rogers version I was over 90% all the time).

You can install this version by downloading it from Sammobile  and follow the steps here. It take about 10 for the upgrade, this is very easy. It doesn't void your warranty since it's an official firmware, so don't worry about tripping KNOX counter.

Hope that'll help you

Carl

LeTricolore
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Hi Carl, I just tried that and my phone didn't even restore to factory defaults. Everything is set the same. My apps, my wallpaper, everything. I can see that my baseband is now set to G920W8OYA2BOI1 in the settings, but I feel like it was set as that before. My SMS/calls are also still delayed/not coming at all. 

Did I omit an obvious step or something?

Mrnovanova
I Plan to Stick Around

@LeTricolore Flashing stock firmware via odin does not restore factory settings. Chances are your bugs were simply carried over, at this point I would recommend a factory reset. That should fix it right up.
LeTricolore
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

@Mrnovanova I'll give it a try, thanks. Fingers crossed. 

cstl3722
I Plan to Stick Around

@LeTricolore Mrnovanova is right, flashing via Odin is like to receive the update via OTA, all your settings and files are saved. Try a factory reset to make sure to clear all settings from BOH8. Don't forget to disable voLTE under Settings>Applications>Phone and select don't use voLTE techonology.
LeTricolore
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

@cstl3722 seems like I'm still having the same issues of texts/calls not coming in. Flashed the Eastlink firmware, did a system restore, and disabled VoLTE. No idea what else I could possibly do, but this is frustrating. 

ory
I Plan to Stick Around

On my galaxy s6 edge most of the time the incoming calls go directly to voice mail without no ringing when wifi is on . When i turn of wifi all is good . Im not sure but i think it started after the 5.1.1 update .Please help .

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ory

Have you tried doing a factory reset on the device to see if that will fix it? I'd hate doesn't help then it might be a issue with the device it self.

Nitin
I Plan to Stick Around

The problem is connected to the new update and won't be fixed until a newer update is released. Take a look at this thread for a temporary workaround for this problem.

Nitin
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey Rogers, 

It has now officially been over a month, this is getting ridicilous. Where is the update? I have been without LTE for three weeks now I am not happy without it. and before that I was having problems with incoming phone calls and texts for a full week.