Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
testxxxx
I've Been Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

It appears that Eastlink, Videotron, and Wind have all released 5.1.1 updates today with a new build.

Mrnovanova
I Plan to Stick Around

Eastlink has been out for at least a week. Are all the firmwares the same or is Eastlink's more recent?
kerri_christian
I Plan to Stick Around

It's been almost a month since the intital update was released, I really don't understand what's taking so long?

Mrnovanova
I Plan to Stick Around

They did say October. My guess is any day now. Fingers crossed.
AJ1
I'm Here A Lot

still no update eh?

AccordXTC
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I think the update will be pushed again as of the newly found Stagefright 2.0. Hard to say but just a guess thats what they'll do.

I'm on 5.1.1 from the realease in September haven't seen any issues but didnt really find any difference in memory management 

pktlam
I Plan to Stick Around

so when i first bought the device back in april i was told a fix/update was coming for the phone in june.. then it was pushed back to july.. then august.. and now they released an update in september it was immediately pulled.. and now it's october.. so where can i get a refund.. my device is still very laggy.. and often running at over 90% ram not to mention my battery drains so fast.. i have to run in battery saving mode all the time and even that it's draining at about 8% per hr with minimal usage..

jefflessard
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm sorry to say that I went back to iPhone. I love the GS6 edge, but it has to be practical too. Just the battery drain was enough to push me away. Everyday around 3 PM I had to plug the phone.

Hope that you guys receive the update sooner then later.

regards,
Kperot
I Plan to Stick Around

Love my S6 (when it hasn't crawled to a halt, turned into a furnace, and before the fingerprint scanner stopped working) but the Rogers support history has been horrible. On the other hand support for my iPhone has been pretty good.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jefflessard

That was the main reason why i sold my S6 edge. Worse battery life i have ever seen.