Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

My phone is stuck on 5.0.2 I've tried several phones from Rogers and I can't get the update this is my fourth one and it is annoying. Any advice?

I Plan to Stick Around

The update was pulled the same day that it was released because of bugs noted in the last few pages as well as potentially other bugs. The new update has not been released yet by Rogers. Your guess is as good as mine when they will release the fixed update but hopefully soon considering many of us were able to update and are now having problems with no proper response from Rogers nearly 3 weeks later. 

I've Been Around

I have heard that rogers and other Canadian carriers wont release 5.1.1 because of many "bugs" in the update
I Plan to Stick Around

Am I one of the lucky ones?, I had updated to 5.1.1 before Rogers halted the update, Im not having any issues with the update at all as far as I can tell...text,calls,data all working...
I Plan to Stick Around

@steveburke23 You might be having issues and not be aware. Of of the issues reported was calls going straight to voicemail and delayed text messages. Now I'm not saying that you're having those issues, I'm just saying you could be and not know. Then again you could be one of the lucky ones with no issue at all. 😊
I Plan to Stick Around

ya i hear ya , but my phone seems pretty stable, and no calling or messaging issues , i feel bad for the people the had got the update full of bugs, that just shouldnt happen..come on now Rogers/Samsung
I've Been Here Awhile

I got the update and have the delayed text bugs and missed phone calls bug. Seems to only happen over wifi though. Also seems as though i cant root and install custom rom either to solve the problem as the oem unlocking option in developer options is no longer there.
I Plan to Stick Around

@perisic wrote:
I have heard that rogers and other Canadian carriers wont release 5.1.1 because of many "bugs" in the update

Can anyone confirm this? The OS upgrade page still says

AndroidSamsung Galaxy S65.0.25.1.1Coming Soon!

If this is indeed the case, I am going to escalate it to the office of the president in Rogers. Leaving hundreds of people with a buggy device with no fix in sight is simply not done. I am not going to void my warranty for somthing Rogers/Samsung screwed up.

I Plan to Stick Around

@mohitk It is most certainly the case and in all likelihood the bugs seem to stem from Rogers failed implementation of VoLTE. Telus is still rolling out the update and the only difference between them and Rogers is VoLTE.
I Plan to Stick Around

As a customer of both Telus and rogers, i can confirm with you that Telus released (maybe a short suspended release) 5.1.1 and that gave me the same problem you guys are describing here.