Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Hi @eightdown and @Bryceb86,

Sorry to hear about your recent experience with with your phone, let's see if we can turn this experience around for you by looking into troubleshooting from our end, to do this I would need to access your account. I'm going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps. Please check our message via the envelope icon that appears on the top right-hand side of your screen when you are logged in to the forums.

Thanks!
RogersArthur

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

how did you get 5.0.2 back?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Found images on XDA that can be flashed using odin.. The same way the service center refreshes a device.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Any update on when it will be released?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @luckych12312312

Unfortunately I haven't heard anything yet on when it will be released again
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Same issue here, not getting phone calls, and texts that are 12 hours delayed or more.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I'm also having phone call issues and delayed messages at times. What are our options? Do we take these to a Rogers store and exchange for a new phone still running 5.0.2? I don't wanna send it in for repair and be without a phone for weeks either. Will Rogers push a new update that fixes these issues soon? 

Having a phone that can't make\receive calls or send\receive text messages in kinda frustrating, I really just want to exchange this phone at a Rogers store right now so I can have a phone that works.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @gp-se

Unfortunately there is no way for a store to exchange unless u are within 15 days of purchasing it. After that u will need to send it into repair.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

@Meowmix if I do a factory reset do you know if it will go back to 5.0.2??
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @mahersaghier

Unfortunately it won't. It will go back to the software u had before doing the factory reset.