Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

I don't think "roll back" is possible @mohitk - The only way other than rooting is to service the phone and have it re-flashed. (Essentially the service center roots>flashes>un-roots using manufacture specification) ... but that option may or may not be available to be honest.

@gp-se as far as I know, yea they did pull it, I haven't heard of it being pushed yet.

Hey @JMPesce ... your APN may be implemented incorrectly by the update. It may or may not be direct impact of the update.
but if SMS is working and MMS isn't it has to do with usually APN or SIM card.
I would think it has little to do with the update (as in, it shouldn't be permanent but most likely settings changed, like APN for example)

@Meowmix - Insights? 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

@ShakTiburon I went into the Rogers store last night and got the SIM replaced, but it didn't fix the problem. After a software reload and a factory reset, it seems to be working for now, one day later. Hopefully it stays this way for a little bit.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JMPesce

Sometimes its the sim card that causes the issue. If you see that it doesn't do it again, its the sim
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Telus and Bells customers received 5.1.1 update already, when are we getting ours?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Ours started rolling out first, actually last week but a few phones got bricked in the process so the halted the rollout to do further testing. IMO ours and Fido will take a bit more time to fix due to VoLTE being finally implemented on this release.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Similar thing is happening to me. i have even factory reset my device (S6 Edge) yet the problem is still happening. Only happens when i'm on wifi though.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

That sux, I hope it doesn't take as long as the Lollipop upodate took for the Note Edge.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @kerri_christian

Hopefully it doesn't but it all depends on the issues they might be having
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @kerri_christian

Hopefully it doesn't but it all depends on the issues they might be having

This is where being an 'early' adopter has me a bit worried. As soon as it was announced here that 5.1.1 was available, I 'forced' a download of it and it installed just fine. As far as I know it is working OK.

Since I don't know what the 'bug' is, now I am worried about what impact that bug might have on those of us that got the upgrade installed before they pulled it. Maybe it won't affect me, or maybe it is lurking and just waiting to bite me. I have no way of knowing ....

Anyone else here already installed the upgrade and THEN lived to regret it? 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I am.. Installed it day one and am facing issues recieving calls.

Phone doesn't ring at times. The only way i know about missed calls is when I get the voicemail notification.

It was working fine on 5.0.2.