Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Hey @Meowmix & @bigkenz
was the bug indentified? or just listed as "a bug"?
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ShakTiburon

It was just listed as bug. They are waiting for Rogers to comment.
ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Ah I see. Okay.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ShakTiburon

I'll see what I can dig up and find while at work lol
ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

@Meowmix
Haha sure thing.
JMPesce
I've Been Here Awhile

I just updated to 5.1.1. on my Samsung Galaxy S6, and now I cannot receive MMS messages. I can send them just fine, they are a little delayed (but they go through), but I cannot receive them at all. The other person gets a read response that dictates I rejected the picture message or that it failed, when I never even received it.

This also occurs with SMS messages, sometimes they send right away, sometimes they don't send at all, and sometimes they are delayed, for both sending and receiving.

Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? It only started happening this past Saturday afternoon, before the update to 5.1.1 it was fine.

gp-se
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

how did you update to 5.1.1?

rogers pulled the update because of bugs.

Bryceb86
I've Been Here Awhile

I am experiencing issues with my S6. I am not getting calls, and having issues receiving text. I send them, and then 20 min go by, and I get flooded with messages. This has been going on for a week. I constantly power cycle, but still no changes. My closest rogers store said a lot of people have been experiencing this. Will I be compensated for my down service? Most importantly will there be a resolution?

RogersArthur
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi Bryceb86,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Community Forums! Smiley Happy

I can understand the inconveniences of not receiving calls and delays in receiving text messages. We can definitely assist you, with the help of your new Community Forums family we can start by troubleshoot a little. If you find it's consistently happening, I would suggest (if possible) testing your SIM card in another device (friends, relatives who are on the Rogers network or at the Rogers store), just to see if it's something with your device, the SIM card or the network. If you're not able to test your SIM card at this time, I would suggest a backup of your personal files and factory resetting the device.

Let us know what happens,
RogersArthur

mohitk
I Plan to Stick Around

So I updated the very day the update came out and am now experiencing a lot of missed calls. The phone just doesn't ring. It seems that the update has started rolling out again on some carriers. Does it mean that the "Bug" has been fixed? If yes, how does rogers plan to fix phones that have already updated.

Is there a way to revert back to the 5.0.2 version without rooting?