Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Hi @ory

While @ShakTiburon is an identified Rogers Employee; they are not a part of the Moderation team and have no control over anyone's posts or content here in the Rogers Community Forums.

Please let me know should you have any questions or concerns.

RogersDarrell

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Oh ok sorry about that . I got it .thanks for the clarification. I apologize .
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry shak . I apologize . Im just super upset about the delayed 5.1.1 update .thank you for your clear reply . I apologize again . By .
Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

No worries @ory - 5.1.1 delay would frustrate anyone...

My Note 3 is giving me issues now and I am also waiting for the Update to be pushed so I can upgrade to a new Android with the Update already there... So I not only understand the frustration you have but feel it too.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ory

I can feel your pain but let's not attack or blame users that try to help! @ShakTiburon is a great contributor and helps out!.

As someone that is waiting for the update, I can feel your pain as the device is unstable and causes issues I noticed on mine.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I still haven't received my 5.1.1 update on my S6 Edge! Its half way thorugh august and its been like 2 months since it was rolled out from Samsung! Anyone know what's going on here? Really appreciate someone updating me on this. Thanks

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Syed1101

While Samsung released that update, it was sent to the carriers first. Rogers has posted this below on their "OS Upgrade Schedule" thread"

Android Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge - 5.0.1 to 5.1.1 Coming Soon!

Unfortunately that's the only news there is.  Sadly we have to wait for it to be released. 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

How long will it take Rogers to push this update? The official update has been out for at least three months. Doesnt Rogers realize that as long as the update isn't pushed, all phones are vulnerable to the stagefright exploit?

It's just terribly annoying that you buy a new phone and Rogers never pushes updates. I can't see a point of upgrading with Rogers again if they never push software upgrades.

If you're new to Rogers or considering getting a new phone... DON'T! Your phone will be left behind, even if it is a flagship device. Rogers is completely incompetent.

The worst insult is the OS Upgrade page that has said "Coming Soon!" For three months now, while every other phone has an official release date. Rogers and I have a different perspective on the word soon.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I don't think this should be marked solved, considering it has been three months and nothing was pushed yet.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers should push out 5.1.1 just as 6.0 is relased. Ah-mazing.

http://www.cnet.com/pictures/6-reasons-to-get-excited-for-android-6-0-marshmallow/