Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Any notice the update that was out today, didn't say anything in detail about what the update was for but after the update still at 5.0.2.

Wondering if this update was for the recent messaging attack that was found and this has been patched now?

Still wait to see on 5.1.1 lol 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

for sure it's the stagefright patch. Samsung have pushed the patch all over the world already

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes I got that update too early this morning, still on 5.0.2 tho, don't really know what's changed probley just a minor update..Rogers OS Upgrade page wasn't changed, still says 5.1.1 coming soon
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @steveburke23 & @polishpat

It was the Stagefright update patch. Samsung verified that to me and so did Rogers. It doesn't say what it was for as they don't announce it sometime but it was.

I got it on my Dad's S6
Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Note 3 (my phone) is on the list... for the update but at the bottom lol
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ShakTiburon

The S5 and Note 4 got the updates as of today with Rogers for the patch. Hopefully they roll the Note 3 in a couple of days lol
Rogers Employee

Woot Woot. Couple of days sounds great.

but I think @RogersDarrell posted the expected update time frame earlier, it stated Note 3 as of sept 6th.

Info here:
http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Android/message-id/32172#M32172
Bottom of the post after the screenshots.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ShakTiburon

Most likely but we will see. Hopefully it gets pushed out early
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers inability to roll out the 5.1.1 is unbelievable . All the s6 phones in the US have recieved it .roges needs more and better software engineers . And hey shakattack dont block my comment like you did last time . Be strong and accept cretisizm .
Rogers Employee

@ory - block comment as in how? You realize I am not a MOD right? I log in and comment like everyone else? I am not RE like Meowmix either; I am not a Mods either, who have "Rogers" in their name...

so... to sum it up, I can't actually do anything - I have no powers lol - Just knowledge and experience (and not in everything either) I come on because I feel like helping, and love to be part of a community that can help each other, I am here on my own will, I am not requested to log in by anyone in Rogers? This is my personal account; however, I am tagged as Rogers Employee because I work for them. Hence the signature below.

If you have criticism though, fire away; most criticism usually have a valid point based on facts or experience. Though I don't recall anything said by you that was negative or against me.

Maybe the Mods removed your post? was it safe for all ages? I have had my posts flagged before because I went off topic - keep in mind, this isn't reddit or anything.

This actively gets monitored to ensure safe and reliable conversations are upheld to standards and guidelines.

Hope that clears things up for you.