Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 Update

@Meowmix want to throw in the link for the Update Schedule?
I am unable to find it.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Thank you. Thank you.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ShakTiburon

You are welcome! 🙂
jeneric28
I Plan to Stick Around

it's not samsung.. it's actually probably Rogers holding up the release process... although samsung has released 5.1.1 Rogers apps and services need to work with Samsung's updates... if they dont work they work with Samsung to fix the bugs..

Again we also live in Canada.. probably the slowest country out of the firstworld to get anything t ech related...

we boast about getting wifi at Yonge/Bloor station!! that's a joke in it's self!! countries like Korea have FULL LTE reception in subways not just stations..

Korea has GB per second internet speeds with unlimted bandwidth, we get charged $100 a month for 25mbps..

the only thing i am actually impressed about is LTE-A speeds... but i'll give that up for other technology advances in the community...

anyway bottom line... we will be last of the last to get the 5.1.1 update out of any country that sells the s6/s6edge...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jeneric28

We can say the same about all Canadian carriers, not just Rogers and u know this. I do agree but they did update the OS Upgrade Schedule thread with "Coming Soon" so that could be weeks or a month or so. It also depends when Samsung gives it to them, their testing and everything else.

Bottom like have patients and we will get it.
jeneric28
I Plan to Stick Around

haha i didn't mean to single out rogers.. i was generalizing technology as a whole in Canada... it's horrible no matter who you go with... Rogers is forunately the best option for me with Cellular service... unfortunately for some reason Rogers does not have service for internet or cable in my town..... which is only 40mins from Toronto.. who knows maybe Bell has some sorta strong hold on my town..
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jeneric28

Who knows maybe they do. Only they will tell u. Either way we will get the update soon!
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ory

Please stay on topic. This is about the S6 update and not about services in the subway. Thanks!
ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Unless its about subway sandwich. Those are yummy.
but no seriously, as @Meowmix states. On topic please.
We have a great lounge section for off-topics and randomness. 🙂