cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S5 marshmallow update

Jmfva
I Plan to Stick Around

When will a date be added to the OS update page? It went live 2 weeks ago. It has installed on Sprint in the States.

***Edited Labels*** 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 marshmallow update

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey Community,

Marshmallow 6.0.1 for the Galaxy S5 was released late last night and into the early morning hours for OTA or direct connection download via SmartSwitch.

Personally, I've got it downloading now on my S5! YA!

Thanks for your patience,

RogersDarrell

View solution in original post

60 REPLIES 60

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Jmfva

Unfortunately at this moment there is no information on when the S5 will receive the update. Keep looking on the "OS Upgrade Schedule" thread to see if its been updated. I will also post online here if i hear anything as well.

BuckMacklin
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Galaxy S5 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow has landed in South Korean, Trinidad & Tobago, and USA Sprint versions.

Now Europe, Latin America, and numerous countries throughout Asia as well.

Canada?  

SS604
I Plan to Stick Around

the worst advice EVER is 'keep checking rogers os upgrade link'. ...they do NOT update that on a timely fashion. 

You're better off just googling 'S5 marshmallow' from time to time to see when a headlines reads that it has been

released in Canada.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @SS604

That is true but they might have a reason on why they aren't updating it but again they should be every so often

Jmfva
I Plan to Stick Around

You are right,

Telus put on their updates page today that the S5 will get marshmallow May 2nd. Hopefully rogers gets their act together and does the same or tells us why the cant.

Jmfva
I Plan to Stick Around

Telus are scheduled to get their update today... Still nothing from Rogers, what an embarrassment. Does anyone have a good guide on flashing the update from telus using odin?

GibMcFragger
It's easy. Just Google it. There is an excellent guide at XDA. Put your phone in download mode, load the extracted ROM (unzip it first after downloading) into the PDA/AP box of Odin, make sure repartition is NOT checked, then flash.

Just Google it. There are tons of Odin flashing guides.

Jmfva
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks Gib,

I will do that. appreciate it.

GibMcFragger
Just make sure you download the correct model number. It should be the same for all Canadian carriers but double check. 🙂

Jmfva
I Plan to Stick Around
Just to confirm. I flashed my S5 to marshmallow using Odin and the telus update listed on sammobile. It is working well so far, seems quite a bit more responsive and doesn't get as bogged down when switching apps. Took me about 10 mins to do it while watching a YouTube walkthrough. Thanks to GiB for pointing me in the right direction. Glad I don't have to wait months more for rogers.

Jmfva
I Plan to Stick Around

Still no update from Rogers with an ETA for the update. TELUS, BELL and the rest released on May 2nd.

What is causing the delay rogers?

thank you.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Jmfva

From what the OS UPGRADE SCHEDULE shows it says coming May 25th. Hopefully it doesn't change.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/OSUpgrades/thread-id/1

Jmfva
I Plan to Stick Around

Well it should release today,

Anyone see it yet?

ruc-26
I've Been Around

no nothing yet

RyzenFX

Can a Rogers rep give us any idea to why this update isn't out yet for the S5, despite the release date is supposed to be today?

splashdown
I Plan to Stick Around

If it does show up today it will be a surprise. I'm getting ready to go for an unlocking in anticipation of my exit date from the 2 years.

Jmfva
I Plan to Stick Around

I doubt they will release it today or communicate anything... what a joke.

splashdown
I Plan to Stick Around
Well I just keep in mind that the cost of operating their conglomerate has surpassed their ability to provide value. Letting down their customers by failing to stay current won't help.

still nothing 😞

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @RyzenFX

You won't get the answers u are looking for. Most likely another wait due to some unforseen problem or God knows what.
Topic Stats