Samsung Galaxy S5 marshmallow update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Samsung Galaxy S5 marshmallow update

When will a date be added to the OS update page? It went live 2 weeks ago. It has installed on Sprint in the States.

***Edited Labels*** 

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 marshmallow update

Hello @Jmfva

Unfortunately at this moment there is no information on when the S5 will receive the update. Keep looking on the "OS Upgrade Schedule" thread to see if its been updated. I will also post online here if i hear anything as well.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Galaxy S5 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow has landed in South Korean, Trinidad & Tobago, and USA Sprint versions.

Now Europe, Latin America, and numerous countries throughout Asia as well.

Canada?  

I Plan to Stick Around

the worst advice EVER is 'keep checking rogers os upgrade link'. ...they do NOT update that on a timely fashion. 

You're better off just googling 'S5 marshmallow' from time to time to see when a headlines reads that it has been

released in Canada.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @SS604

That is true but they might have a reason on why they aren't updating it but again they should be every so often
I Plan to Stick Around

You are right,

Telus put on their updates page today that the S5 will get marshmallow May 2nd. Hopefully rogers gets their act together and does the same or tells us why the cant.

I Plan to Stick Around

Telus are scheduled to get their update today... Still nothing from Rogers, what an embarrassment. Does anyone have a good guide on flashing the update from telus using odin?

It's easy. Just Google it. There is an excellent guide at XDA. Put your phone in download mode, load the extracted ROM (unzip it first after downloading) into the PDA/AP box of Odin, make sure repartition is NOT checked, then flash.

Just Google it. There are tons of Odin flashing guides.
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks Gib,

I will do that. appreciate it.

Just make sure you download the correct model number. It should be the same for all Canadian carriers but double check. 🙂
Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats