Samsung Galaxy S5 marshmallow update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 marshmallow update

Regarding texting being very slow.

You need to delete alot of text messages and this will stop.  This happened to me and a friend of mine who also has an S5, but in my case only to my most frequent contact.  After I deleted hundreds of messages to and from them it was fine.  It seems especially sensitive to MMS texts and texts that are URLs. 

First thing to try is to go to Application Manager/Messages and delete the cache under "Storage". If that doesn't work, you will have to delete text messages.  I deleted hundreds of old messages from my contact that was a problem and it was alot better but still a bit slow. Once I deleted a bunch of images we texted back and forth, it was back to normal.

I Plan to Stick Around

In the present-day world of multi-terabyte home drIves and gigabyte lan it is unacceptable to need to delete sms text messages. If a device can't deal with these it has likely outlived it's design usefulness. It would be like installing photoshop and a serious video encoder on a calculator. Too much...so sad...too bad...
Restore your device to shipped status and leave it to fade with its own relative grace intact. Old tech has rarely kept up with new concepts and Samsung has chosen to enforce that by refusing to adapt bios or root operators less they miss the mark on their newest markets.
I Plan to Stick Around

For me that isn't the problem as I don't save my texts I delete them at end of day or right away depending if needed.
I'm Here A Lot

now that i've updated to Marshmallow, i've rooted my phone 🙂 i was waiting to root until the upgrade rolled out and found a handy guide for the Rogers S5

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Since the update, my phone doesn't connect to LTE, only 4G. Anyone else? Is Rogers aware of this issue?
I'm Here A Lot

my S5 connects to LTE just fine

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Tonea

Have you gone into the settings to see if its been changed by it self? You can change LTE back on if it has. If u have done this already, have u contacted Samsung or Rogers tech support to see what they tell you?
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks meowmix. I have checked the settings, and they are set to LTE. I haven't call support yet, because I don't want to have to do a factory reset at this point! I have seen others with similar issues on other message boards, so just wanted to check locally.
I Plan to Stick Around

Well I just received another software update this morning on top of the 6.0.1 I already did. Hopefully it'll clear up all the missed calls texts battery drain and just poor quality of phone calls where people can't hear me. Amongst other issue since taking on that marshmallow update awhile ago. Since I did software update it's been costing me and my job dearly. I did a factory reset barely have anything on phone or sd card and what a headache it's been. I called rogers over a month ago but every week I just get a sorry working on it ticket I'd text with no answer. That's a long time to have an issue called in with no actual answer except a text reply of the situation. Now I also received a letter stating a $5 a month increase to bill?
I Plan to Stick Around

The extra $5 is going to hurt a little, but I assume they have determined it will rid them of a few activist whiners. I have probably got the least expensive plan for a large book of services but this small increase comes just close enough to tip the scale and move me on to have only Samsung left to blame.