Samsung Galaxy S5 Questions / Reservation Numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Questions / Reservation Numbers!

Hello polishpat

I can vouch for that.  The system was down for me and was told to call in when my first bill comes with the charges and have them credit the, $20. They did however do the price match with Telus which was good! 

I Plan to Stick Around

same here, the price match was done

I've Been Here Awhile

Well, my phone has shipped and should be here on Monday. Quick question though. I currently have a Blackberry Bold with a couple of months left on my contract. I'll have to pay an early upgrade fee plus the $249.00 for the S5. Can this cost be applied to my account? Or do I have to pay cash or credit card for the fee and the new phone. I am assuming I'll have to set up a new plan as well since I currently have a Blackberry Plan?? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

I Plan to Stick Around

@polishpat wrote:

Guys, i just told you how to get everything you are owed for pre-ordering the S5 with minimum hassle withotu waiting for your pre-order to arrive. Don't refund your phone, thats just greedy, just get the phone, and once your pre-order arrives instore, go buy your sim back.

As for the points, they haven't been used on my purchase because the guy told me the system was down and he had to do my contract manually, he then told me to call customer service when i get my first bill and ask for them to refund you for the equivalent of your point balance at time of purchase

I wouldn't count on everyone being able to convince a Rogers manager to just buy the $50 prepaid SIM card off of them for $10. 

In your case, they wanted to sell you the watch, which is different than many other people. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello elon_bb

Your upgrade fee and device price will be billed to you on your next invoice. You dont have to pay anything upfront unless you want the Gear 2 neo watch or a case.

As long as your plan is $60+ you should be good.
I Plan to Stick Around

Quik question, do you think i can install a 32gb sd card in the galaxy s5? I try to do it on my s2 and crash.

Why the kies(wifi) disapear from setting on  my s4 after upgrade? can be restore?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello barbas

The S5 takes up to 128GB Micro SD card. I have a 64GB memory card in my S5 without issues.

That is something else. Have you tried restoring you S4 to see?
I Plan to Stick Around

I was wondering coming from an iPhone thank god I made the switch lol, I've noticed this morning I charged the S5 over night and that I didn't even use it after its charged and an hour later find that I'm at 97% with no use.

Just wondering if anything on Android kills the battery that quick or is it a issue with this battery or phone.

Thanks
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix:

Happens to my wife phone, it up grade by self, I do not know why but after that Kies is going, not to savi with restore or up grade my self so if I do not find it on youtube I live it like that for now.Thanks for the info.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello AccordXTC

If you have WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, Brightness to max, GPS, any apps like email or Facebook to auto sync uses battery.