Samsung Galaxy S5 Questions / Reservation Numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Questions / Reservation Numbers!

Hello Pelz

That is correct. If you want to cancel your account, you pay the flextab + 15 disconnection fee & the last months bill.

If you want to upgrade you pay the flextab amount + $15 connection fee + your bill
I Plan to Stick Around

Now i get it thank you Meowmix!!
I should of done that a long time ago lol
Now do i call them and then reserve or the opposite? Don't wanna reserved and get the next bill with full price of the phone...

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Pelz

When you reserve the phone, u dont get billed For it until u pick up the device in the store.
I Plan to Stick Around

@polishpat wrote:

well, good news, the store that received my pre-order did not receive any watches. So i went to another store that did get them, i got my watch, got my pricematch, then the manager called the other store and asked them to give my my sim card that was attached to my pre-order because the 50$ suretap is pre-loaded on the sim. So i went to the other store, got my sim card, got my 50$ suretap and was able to received everything with minimal hassle thanks to a nice rogers manager.

So anybody that didnt get their item shipped and still picked up their S5 today, nothing is lost.

P.S. Meowmix, you were right, i had to apply for the card and it was then activated on my suretap walled without any CIBC mastercard application. I owe you an appology, although, i did contact a few rogers employees about this in the past days and all of them mentionned that i need to apply for a credit card. I guess rogers only gave clear indication on the process only today from what that manager told me

So the SIM card is preloaded with $50 and at the store BEFORE the phone? I thought it would ship with the phone. 

That's strange. I might try to bother some nice Rogers store employees tomorrow since I'm still in the 60s range, so I probably won't be shipping for a while. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I see! So it's when i pick it up that i will pay the 250$ and ask to put the rest on the flextab?
At the same time ill get the watch, and the suretap sim will come with the phone i guess...
I Plan to Stick Around

The Sim that is shipped with a reserved phone is different from the sim you get when you buy in store. The sim that comes with any phone is just the plain old plastic sim, the sim with the 50$ preloaded looks like this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v08rvzmzsddwwag/20140411_200120.jpg

I Plan to Stick Around

Cool thx for the picture Polishpat!!! That looks like a micro sim card to me, does a nano suretap sim card exist?
I Plan to Stick Around

So, that didn't entirely clarify. What I'm gathering from your post is that the Suretap SIM is preloaded with $50 and at the store already and the actual phone just ships with a normal SIM.

If so, are you sure you can cancel the reservation and still activate the $50 prepaid card? 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Pelz

It does not yet.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Skomes

I dont think so. The SureTap sim u get is pre loaded with the $50 so getting another sim wont get u it. Called Mastercard to verify this.