Samsung Galaxy S5 Questions / Reservation Numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Samsung Galaxy S5 Questions / Reservation Numbers!

Hello everyone! 

As  you might have seen or heard, Samsung announced the all new Samsung Galaxy S5! The device has just announced and woll be released sometime April.  Bell, Telus and Virgin have put out up the pre registration up but only for email purposes.  

The specs will be as following. A 5'1 inch 1080 super AMOLED screen, it will have a 2.5Ghz quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor and 2GB of RAM.  It has a 3.0 USB with a cover as the S5 is waterproof and dust proof.  It was a 16MP camera that records 4K resolution on it.  It has a fingerprint scanner on the home button and it has a heart monitor as well build into it.  It also has more stuff as well.  

Rogers has NOT announced a date at the moment or release date BUT it will be released starting of April.  This can be any day in April.  This thread is made for you guys to ask questions and when the reservation goes live, you can post your reservation # and talk about the device and all.  There is a $40 reservation fee BUT you will get that back credited to ur account when you cancel the reservation or when it ships out.  You can NOT cancel your reservation when the status is IN PROGRESS. Only when it says OPEN..  

Any questions feel free to post.   

EDIT -  Roger has now gone live with the reservations for new customers and existing customers! Log into My Rogers - Overview -  Device Reservation and pick either Black or White 16GB. Sadly there is no other colors and there is no 32GB model.  

EDIT 2- just reserved mine and i am #11.

CONFIRMATION Congratulations  on reserving the Samsung Galaxy S5 Black 16GB,

You will get regular emails with your place in line and when we’re ready to ship to the store that you chose, we will email you again with the courier tracking number. You can check your reservation status at any time when you sign into MyRogers.

Note: Only the account holder can pick up the device.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Black 16GBCancel Order

Position : 11    

STATUS -  OPEN

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I've Been Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Questions / Reservation Numbers!

Smiley Sad

I wanted to reserve a S5 too..but sadly you are right they only offer reservation for "white and black"..

Hey Rogers, when are you going to allow us to reserve "blue" and "gold" S5?

any information would be of great help~

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello welfareboi

The answer you are looking for won't be on here as Rogers doesn't answer on the boards here as its a use to user forum. All Galaxy S devices at launch come with Black and White models. Most likely later on in the year another color will come out but sadly only those 2 colors will be at a launch.
I've Been Here Awhile

Why is the 32GB model not available.  Will it be available at a later date?  16GB once you factor in the OS and other software doesn't leave much room for anything.  I read on another board that testers have found only 9GB useable once you factor in pre-loaded firmware/software.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello BIGTUNDRA

This is something you need to ask Samsung Canada. They are the ones that pulled the 32GB model out for the S3 ( after they noticed the 32GB model was not selling due to the SD card slot in the 16GB). They also never brought it out for the  S4 & S5.. It all depends on Samsung Canada really. Rogers & all the other Canadian carriers get the same model.  It seem like the sells for the 32GB Galaxy S models wasnts good enough so they stopped them. Also mind you the phones come with a Micro SD card. You can go pick a 8Gb / 16GB / 32GB & a 64GB Sd card & put it into the phone expanding the memory you have.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone!

More interesting notes on the S5!

•     The fingerprint sensor will support a Private Mode feature, which “unlocks” private photos and apps held behind a password.
  •     The heart rate sensor, which is located on the back of the device next to the camera flash, will be integrated into S Health and takes 4-5 seconds to get a pulse reading. It uses a specialized high-sensitivity camera to read the blood flow under the surface of the skin.
  •     The 16MP camera supports 4K video recording at 30fps.
  •     The baseband supports 2×2 MIMO over WiFi, which leads to a theoretical maximum throughput of 867Mbps (433×2) over 802.11ac.
  •     The Galaxy S5 also supports a feature called Download Booster, a fancy way of combining separate WiFi and LTE streams into a single downlink throughput.
  •     The Galaxy S5 has an Ultra Low Power Mode that turns the screen black and white to extend the battery’s length when uptime is important.

I've Been Here Awhile

I cannot reserve an S5, the site will not let me reserve a phone.  I click "reserve" and the page just stands still.

I called Rogers and Chat, both said they cannot help me, and the system is not managed by anyone and they do no have access to help reserve phones.  I am shocked a consumer, but I have come to terms with this type of service from Rogers.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Gurdeep007

Rogers online chat & over the phone will not do it for you. They will only do it IF & only if the site is permanently down or having issues that they are aware of.

Have you tried another browser? I am using Firefox latest version & works. Also if you have a smartphone at the moment, try doing it on there. I did my reservation from my Note 3 build in browser & worked yesterday.

EDIT - I tested the newer Internet Explore & it worked for me on my other account. Testing it again with the newwer firefox & works just fine as well.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hello Meowmix,

I was bounced around like a Ping Pong ball around Customer Service.

I've tried Chrome, IE 9, and Safari no go...

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Gurdeep007

Try with Firefox & see if that works. I have IE Silverlight so i dont know if that has anything to do with it. Sad part is Rogers does not take reservations over the phone unless the online system is done OR overwhelm with customers.

I would suggest either using FireFox or close the browser & reopen it & see if that works.