Samsung Galaxy S5 Questions / Reservation Numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Questions / Reservation Numbers!

One thing I'm finding when speaking to Rogers reps and going into stores is that you don't necessarily get the watch just because you are on a two year term. 

What I've heard from a number of people is that unless you have a "Share Everything" plan, you are not eligible for the watch.  Now I'm on the plan, and don't really know how that plan fits into the confusing mix of things, but that's what I'm told.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello harry_fine

If you have had a grandfathered plan which is $60 more u will get the watch. I have a 6GB BlackBerry plan from 2008 which is $60 and i got the device and watch.
I Plan to Stick Around

That it I am so done with rogers as a company when my two year is over... I cant believe even though my plan is eligible for the watch I wont be able to get one JUST BECAUSE I reserved it at a location that did not carry the watch... which is COMPLETELY unfair and sort of false advertisement as there was 0 way for me knowing online which stores had the watch.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello FrankeyH

You could ask to speak to the store manager and complain. It doesn't say anywhere if the store doesn't have it, you aren't eligible. Indeed the store is giving me false information and i would complain if i were u. Speak to the store manager and have them contact another location and get one. If that doesn't work, i would highly suggest contact Rogers via Facebook and Twitter @RogersHelps and see if they can help you.

Its unfair how the store is doing this to u!
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello harry_fine

If you have had a grandfathered plan which is $60 more u will get the watch. I have a 6GB BlackBerry plan from 2008 which is $60 and i got the device and watch.

WHAT??

Really?

I was specifically told because I was on a grandfathered plan that I wasn't eligible and ONLY share everything plans were eligible. 

They even told me that they could switch me to a share everything plan that was the same base price as my current plan but my account credit would fall off. 

My current plan is the same price and has the same features as the share everything minimum plan as well, but again, I was told by 2 different reps that I couldn't get the watch.

Wow, now I'm mad. Also just tried calling in and was told no to the watch as well. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Skomes 

Reason being is because the store reps can not override the grandfather plans.  Store reps have limited access to accounts.  You will need to contact Rogers and speak to a rep or a manager and have them solve the issue.  You can also contact Rogers via Live Chat, Facebook and Twitter @RogersHelps to see if they can leave a note on your account saying u are eligible.  

Rogers wants people to switch over to the new plans as its more in price and has less data and such.  

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I called in twice and was told no both times despite having the same plan, same features and same price as a comparable share everything plan.

When I called into Sales, the guy was very unethical and typically Rogers as well.

When I switched to my current plan, I was told it would be pricematched to a competing plan but the person lied, instead I had a 1 year credit to make them equivalent which then falls off.

Today, the sales person was basically telling me to switch and I said no, that I wanted to go online, compare and make sure everything was the same first, he kept insisting, telling me he was smart guy with 20/20 vision and that he had experience etc. etc., I told him last time I did this on the phone, I got screwed and he kept insisting. Then after a few minutes he goes, "oh well i did notice one thing, that credit on your account would fall off".

Typical, sleazy bull from Rogers. Give the person a hard sell to change their plan without telling them the consequences.

I should probably just switch to Koodo before their promo plan goes away, Telus is the only big carrier to have reduced customer complaints instead of increased them.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello skomes

Honestly this seems like a low end sales tactic. I won't lie. For them to force u to change plans even tho urs ia fine i find it a bit odd.

Honestly in the end ita better for u to switch. Find a carrier that u are able to get what u need on a low payment
I Plan to Stick Around

I got my "it shipped to the store" email today.  Very excited.  Said it could take four days.  Hope not.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Harry_fine

Contact the store and see if they have it