Samsung Galaxy S5 Questions / Reservation Numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Questions / Reservation Numbers!

Lol, so kind of them,  I know activation fees are standard but they are such a rip off.

Do the Rogers stores have Mastercard Paypass? Because then I'm going to go try to use the prepaid card to pay off part of my upgrade fee. Is that possible?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello skomes

I feel your pain on the one lol. I do as well think that too.

Yes they do. They should have upgraded their system last year and the year before to Paypass
I Plan to Stick Around

Great, thanks for the help.

I just got the idea from going in-store and seeing people pay their bills, I've only ever paid online, if so, perfect way to use the prepaid card.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello skomes

I do it via calling Rogers and paying with my credit card and sometimes at the store via PayPass. Smiley Happy
I Plan to Stick Around

If you call, do they ask for a CVV/CV2 number? The prepaid card specifically excludes the number so that you can't use it online.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Skomes

Yeah they do. So if you are using a pre paid card, ifs best to go to the store and pay the bill with it.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah, I figured they must, the mobile app/online payment system always requires it but Paypass can bypass it.

Thanks for the info.

Its like having a direct discount off the phone cost, except it just involves 1 more step.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Skomes

Agreed!.. I am using the $50 Suretap Prepaid MasterCard Rogers gave us for some groceries or something lol. I am able to reload it with more money from my current Scotia Bank Visa lol.
I Plan to Stick Around

Good news guys on my way to get my phone, the store is open today until 8pm 😯
They said they received the phone and the S-view case, they also put a watch for me on the side and will also get the price match 😁 yeaayy i will get it for the long weekend as planed haha!!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Pelz

Yay!!! Glad u will get it today and get the watch and case!! Smiley Happy have fun with you new toys! Smiley Happy