Samsung Galaxy S5 Questions / Reservation Numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Questions / Reservation Numbers!

Yeah, that's the thing.

Polishpat said the manager called his original store and got him the SIM preloaded with $50 that was attached to his order.

That means the preloaded SIM is already at the store ahead of the phone.

But you still have to activate the prepaid card to use it, so I'm wondering if Polishpat will still be able to activate it if he cancels his reservation.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello skomes

There is no other way for it to work. The manager & Rogers can not manually put the $50 pre paid on another sim card. Those came from head office not store level.

Nope. The SureTap sim card was taped / glued on my S5 box. Same with the other guy that picked his up a few minutes before me. The sim cards are pre loaded & come from the warehouse. The normal SureTap cards are not like ours.

I Plan to Stick Around

Skomes

Polishpat had his phone at the first store,  he went to the other because the first one didnt have the watches. 

Update 

Ups just updated my status. Now to be delivered monday by noon. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello dubq91

Nice! By Mondays night u will have your shiny new toy
I Plan to Stick Around

dubq91,

Polishpat got his phone in-store BUT NOT his pre-ordered phone. His pre-ordered phone didn't ship in time so he went into the store got one of the Galaxy S5 phones off the shelf.

That is why I'm curious, because if he got his $50 Suretap SIM card, then the SIM card is already at the store so maybe I can do the same thing because my phone hasn't shipped yet.

So if he got the SIM and successfully activates it, he got the $50 without waiting for his preorder to ship.

I'm still sitting at 60s with an open order, I'm guessing it won't ship soon given that they've already shipped 2,000 black units so it might be worth a shot for me.
I Plan to Stick Around

@skomes wrote:
Yeah, that's the thing.

Polishpat said the manager called his original store and got him the SIM preloaded with $50 that was attached to his order.

That means the preloaded SIM is already at the store ahead of the phone.

But you still have to activate the prepaid card to use it, so I'm wondering if Polishpat will still be able to activate it if he cancels his reservation.

No, i forgot to mention, my pre-order shipped in time even if the tracking number told me otherwise. Yesturday night, my tracking told me my phone is expected to be delivered on monday. Turns out, the store called me this morning and told me my phone was there, the problem is, the watches were not. So I ended up calling an other rogers store, and even if that specific store didnt get any pre-orders, they did have regular S5s with watches...so i went there, but i was advise i'd lose my pre-order

I then explianed the bumming fact that my pre-order store didnt have any watches, and the manager served me so he knew the sims that come shipped with the pre-orders are the only sims that can activate the 50$ and that are just held in place by a rubber gum to the S5 box that was pre-ordered, so he told me he would call the store and ask them if that can just take the sim that was attached to my pre-order and sell it to me like a regular sim, so like that they could just re-stock my destined S5, and i'd be able to have both the watch and my pre-order bonus. I then went to the other store, and the lady took my S5, detached the sim from the box and sold it to me for 10$

In my head, i was explained that i had to chose watch or 50$, which is true, but turn out that manager was nice enough to find a way to get me both -10$ for the sim

So once you phone ship, go to your store and show ID and ask the guy to sell you your sim, still a good deal, but you lose 10$

Hope that clarifies the situation and sorry for forgetting that important detail

I've Been Here Awhile

i got a question. i pre-ordered a s5 to get shipped to my local rogers store. i went today to pick it up even though i didnt get a shipping notice. they didnt have my "specific" one there, but they had one that was non-reserved. they told me i can take the non-reserved or wait a week to get my shipped in. but the catch is, i wouldnt get my points or the 50$ gift card if i get the non-reserved one.

i couldnt wait a week for mine to ship in so i took the one already there. they said they will cancel my reservation once mine arrives in-store. the 2000 points already go deposited into my account, i assume they take it back..... fast forward 6 hours i get my shipping confirmation email....

once the phone arrives in-store, do you guys think i can "refund" the phone i took back and take my reserved one to get the points/gift card? i dont actually want to switch phones, i just want the points and gift card.

thanks for the help.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Ah OK, so there is no way to bypass the pre-order/prepaid credit card setup.

Guess I just have to wait. 

Hopefully it doesn't take longer than a week since all the stores already have stock. 

I Plan to Stick Around

@lol514 wrote:

i got a question. i pre-ordered a s5 to get shipped to my local rogers store. i went today to pick it up even though i didnt get a shipping notice. they didnt have my "specific" one there, but they had one that was non-reserved. they told me i can take the non-reserved or wait a week to get my shipped in. but the catch is, i wouldnt get my points or the 50$ gift card if i get the non-reserved one.

i couldnt wait a week for mine to ship in so i took the one already there. they said they will cancel my reservation once mine arrives in-store. the 2000 points already go deposited into my account, i assume they take it back..... fast forward 6 hours i get my shipping confirmation email....

once the phone arrives in-store, do you guys think i can "refund" the phone i took back and take my reserved one to get the points/gift card? i dont actually want to switch phones, i just want the points and gift card.

thanks for the help.

Depends on whether the person in store is actually cancelling your order or not. Maybe you can call them and ask them not to. 

You can always try, you have nothing to lose at this point. 

I Plan to Stick Around

@skomes wrote:

Ah OK, so there is no way to bypass the pre-order/prepaid credit card setup.

Guess I just have to wait. 

Hopefully it doesn't take longer than a week since all the stores already have stock. 

Guys, i just told you how to get everything you are owed for pre-ordering the S5 with minimum hassle withotu waiting for your pre-order to arrive. Don't refund your phone, thats just greedy, just get the phone, and once your pre-order arrives instore, go buy your sim back.

As for the points, they haven't been used on my purchase because the guy told me the system was down and he had to do my contract manually, he then told me to call customer service when i get my first bill and ask for them to refund you for the equivalent of your point balance at time of purchase

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.