Samsung Galaxy S5 Questions / Reservation Numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Questions / Reservation Numbers!

Hello polishpat

I am by no means a Rogers fan boy. Just because i am here helping others does not mean i am a Rogers Fan boy. This is something users get confused & assume without knowning.

You are saying we have to sign up & apply for this card correct? That is true BUT only to put the funds into the Suretap account. That is how it works. No where does it say a Credit Check must be done or a Background check must be done to get the PREPAID $50 master card. It only says a Application which is normal for any pre paid Mastercard. When you Apply for a credit card like you know, before hand they will say they need to run a credit check & make sure your credit rating is fine. This is a pre paid card which does not need a credit check. In the Fine print it says " Application" but does not say a " Credit Check". 2 Different things as a Application could mean anything really.

The $40 gets credit back once you cancel the reservation if its still in OPEN status or when it ships out. This is what you get when it ships out with the shipping email.

" The reservation fee of 40.00 + taxes will be credited back to your Rogers invoice next month."  This was in my shipping email for my S3,S4, Note 2 & Note 3,  Z10, Q10 , Z30 & HTC one M8, iPhone 5. I got my $40 credit back to me on my next invoice & i saw it. It had nothing to do with activating the device. You won't get it back right away. You claim that you have used the reservation & gotten the emails & see the FAQ yet you missed that part somehow.. This is something you posted which you gave the wrong info in. That is what me & AnonymousUser are trying to explain to you.

Now if you just want to complain about the $40 reservation fee which you get back that is plain silly to be honest as you get it back, Rogers does not keep it. If you aren't going to get the S5 with the reservation so be it & get it at store on Friday. That is up to you but remember there are limited amout of S5's going around from what Telus & Bell have posted & i have heard from my buddy at my local Rogers store that stores are only going to receive a hand full of them. You won't get the freebies & the stores won't have any promotions unless said otherwise.

Now, we both can sit here & argue over this small little thing or get over it & move on. You get your S5 from the store if you see my Wednsday nothing happens  & the rest of us will enjoy waiting for the S5 & get the freebies. You may not want the freebies & think otherwise of them but most of us want them & will enjoy them when we get them.

* Edit for spelling errors*

I Plan to Stick Around

Good luck trying to lawyer me. Having 15 000 post on a forum that belongs to a carrier, call it what you want, i call it fanboyism. In other words, ive been registered on this forum for more or less time (give a few months less than you), but i dont live on this forum.

Don't get me wrong, i appreciate your help, you've helped a lot of people with your experience, but why dont you do the same over at bell's forum, or telus, because, you're here about helping people out...right? Somebody that has "I'm not a rogers employeee in their signature" seemd kinda fanboyee to me.

As for the S3, did i mention anywhere that i picked up my device that was reserved through rogers, or did i just say that i have used the system before, i know how it works, and i know that if i pick up the device in store, i can keep the reservation open until it ships and get my 40$ back anyways? Don't change the meaning of my phrases, i tend to be very aware of how rogers reservation works and i have been #1 to reserve a device twice already. I just didnt bother posting about my dissapointment in not getting the device like i should have by being the first in line. Thats my entire point, i'm the first in line, and yet, some get there before me.

For the 50$, 

"To receive the promotional funds, the eligible Rogers customer must have purchased/activated the device and completed the following by May 11/14: (i) register the suretap wallet app on their device; and (ii) successfully complete the application for the card."

In other words, to receive your promotional 50$, you must install the app, and succesfully complete the application for the card. Now, what does successfully applying for a credit card mean? Does it mean not making mistakes on your application form? or actually getting approved? 

Something to think about.

Remember, this is rogers handing out 1/2 million dollars to people, where is the catch? Oh, i think i know where it is.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello polishpat

I have #1 as well for a few reservations & always got the device at launch. You are the first & only one i have heard that was #1 & never got theirs which i find odd. Either way who knows what the truth is & what happened.

As for the $50 If you are right, we shall see Friday & you will see a Apology from me public made on the forums & on here.. If you are wrong, we shall see Friday as well. From what Tech sites / Rogers has said there is no need for a credit check. If there is one, Rogers will be having a lot of customers that reserved upset with them. I have had companies send me Pre paid Visa's that i had to Apply for but all i did was add my name / Address / Phone number / Birth date & that is all. The card was activated & worked. Dell & Sony did this a few years back & i still somewhere in my room have the papers. When checking my credit every 6 months, Dell & Sony Pre paid Visa's where never shown as they are pre paid & are not reusable.  You could be right & you could be wrong but no one knows until Friday comes & we try to get the $50 Pre loaded & pre paid mastercard via SureTap.

I Plan to Stick Around

i hope im wrong, because that'll be awesome. I dont want, or expect an apology, we are 2 grown ups debating on contract terms with different point of views. I hope im wrong, but as of now, im skeptical.Smiley Happy

I also had won a 500$ pre-paid visa card once, i never had to give any personnal info, because thats the point of having a pre-paid card. I guess our world is composed of many different facets for the same thing.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello polishpat

Exactly. We are 2 adults with different point of views on this subject. Lets leave this until the S5 gets launched & see what happens? Lets not destroy a thread about this :p. Lets keep the thread the way it should be so others can come & ask questions or post their reservation numbers!.

Every company is different. They use different ways of giving out a pre paid credit card. Some will want some info aka application & some do not. We live in a world where companies find ways to get our information one way or another no matter what which come to think of it, is kinda scary lol.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Also, i appoligize for coming out strong about the fanboy thing. I dont thing being a fanboy is a bad thing, its just loving something enough to keep sticking up for it. Like i said, your help is much appreciated, youre a very valuable asset of this community and i congratulate your time investment here.Smiley Wink

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello polishpat

No need to apologize! I should apologize as well for the way i came out strong as well. Really i am not a fan boy, believe me many on here will say i am not lol. I have had my fair share problems with Rogers and still do lol. I just tend not to post about them, not because i have the status as RE (Resident Expert) but because i deal with it in my own way. I am only on here to help users and customers out with any issues they have and assist them with answers to the questions they have. I do this on my own time and have no problem doing so. This is what i love doing. I love helping customers and users out. I do the same on other sites but with different names.  ( RFD, Mobile syrup and CrackBerry). It has nothing to do with Rogers. I have done so many reservation threads that i doubt anyone would do it like i have lol.  

Anyways.  I hope when you get ur S5 you enjoy it and have fun with it as I know I will! 

I Plan to Stick Around

please dont apoligize, youve been way more diplomatic then me.

On a different note, do you think rogers will bundle, or give us a discount on the gear 2 if we get s5? I want the gear 2, but i'd love not to pay close to 400$ for it with tax. I hope they do it like the Note and offer it for 99$. I held off on that offer even if rogers were allowing me to get it at that promotional price more than a month after i got the note 3.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello polishpat

I am hoping so. I haven't heard of them doing a promotion like that but i am hoping they will. The other carries haven't said anything either. Most likely will release more info on that on launch day or after. I really would like to get the Gear Fit. I don't mind paying the $250 with taxes for it but would like to get it as a promotion. I remember with the Note 3, the first ones never got the promotion with the Galaxy gear. They wouldn't let us after a few months down.
I Plan to Stick Around

ya for the note 3, i think that 99$ promo came about 1.5 to 2 mont after release, end of november or december. At first they didnt budge to give it to me for that price, but it was nothing the retention department could fix since i have a retention plan.

Unlimited call and sms/mms to canada, sms to usa, call id, voicemail plus, call waiting and so on, 10gb of sharable data, rogers anyplace tv, an lte stick, all that for about 87$ pre-tax

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.