Samsung Galaxy S5 Questions / Reservation Numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Questions / Reservation Numbers!

Hi,

Any idea when Rogers will announce a release date?     I'm expecting the 11th but I guess that is still not confirmed!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Scas

Its been confirmed as April 11th. This is in the email i got from them last week.

"We wanted to thank you for reserving your Samsung GALAXY S5™. Your online reservation means that, when the phone launches on April 11, 2014, you'll be among the first to get it. Just another perk of being a Rogers customer."
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Meowmix,

Interesting. My response was not so positive.

"Congratulations! This email confirms your reservation of a Samsung GALAXY S5 Charcoal Black 16GB through the Rogers Reservation System.1 We will be sending you updates on the status of your reservation and approximate dates for shipment.
We will do our best to deliver your new phone within 15 business days,2 depending on inventory availability, and will be sending your new phone to:

"
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Scas

The email i got, i received 2.5 or so weeks after reserving it. It was to tell me about how i get the $50 suretap master card and the 2,000 first rewards points as a gift. You should receive the same email soon.

Here is the release date from Rogers Media site.

"TORONTO, March 18, 2014 /CNW/ - Today, Samsung Canada announced what Canadians can expect from the GALAXY S5 when it hits stores April 11. The Samsung GALAXY S5 will retail at Rogers for $249.99 on select two-year term agreements. Prices for Samsung Gear:  Gear 2 Neo, only available with Rogers, for $219.99; Gear Fit for $219.99; and Gear 2 for $329.99. All devices will be available starting April 11."

http://about.rogers.com/About/Media_Relations/News/14-03-18/Samsung_GALAXY_S5_to_arrive_fully_loaded...

I Plan to Stick Around

I never got any message like that. Only a so posted above. My res number is 1709 but it doe sent mention about my sure tap $50.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Scas

I am #8 in line so it could have been the system generated the email for the lower numbers & you got a different one. As long as it says about the $50 suretap then you are set. As you can see on the link above, it will be launched Next Friday April 11th. All carriers will. Rogers tends to put the date on their page a few days before unlike the others that put it on the page as the start the pre orders.
I Plan to Stick Around

im #20 and i also got the email about the 15 business days.

As per my experience with the rogers resevation system, don't count on it, it sucks and it doesnt guarantee squat. For the Note 3, i was #1 in line, on release day, the status was still open. I then went to my local rogers store and got one from them. I strongly suggest anybody that hasnt had their status changed by wednesday of next week, if you dont want to wait, go directly to the store. It's not Apple here, there will not be any 12 hour lines, all rogers resellers will have the phones on launch day, just go get it yourself. The 40$ reservation fee will be credited back to you as soon as the new phone is activated.

If you ever read this rogers, you need to change the way you treat the people that pay 40$ to reserve the phone. It's not acceptable to have a pre-order system and not honor it. It's a shame, that and most of the apps you have on google play are horrific, and i mean, my grandma could code better than any sloppy app you have out there. How is it possible to have such poor apps, i think there is not a single rogers app that has over 2 stars. It's a shame you spend hundreds of millions on 700mhz real estate and you can't pay a couple guys that are good at their job to code properly.

If it wasnt for my fantastic plan that i locked in when the S2 LTE first came out, i'd be sniffing around on ennemy turf in a heartbeat.

I'm a Senior Contributor

Uhh, the $40 is fully refundable, so in my opinion, that is a useless thing to complain about.

Also, they clearly state that you're not guaranteed to get it before anyone else, plus they don't stop you from going to look for a phone while you wait for a reservation, if you so wish.  It's not meant for people like you, that clearly are impateient and must have the device right away.  For those type of folks, it's still best to go to a store at launch day and pick it up.

Mind you, if you don't pick up your reservation and just buy it at a store, you're forgoing all the special offers ($20 rewards and $50 prepaid mastercard). I'd personally wait for my reservation for an extra $70!

Oh, and one more thing, the $40 is refunded when you activate a device, it's refunded when the reservation ships, or when you cancel it...

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello polishpat

That is weird because i was #7th for the black Note 3 & mine was shipped out 2 days before hand & got it release date. Still have those emails. So how could yours as #1 randomly not be sent out?..

The Reservation for the S5 gives you freebies that the stores do not give you. You get a $50 SureTap Mastercard as a gift. This is a prepaid mastercard they are giving you for free. You also get 2,000 points IF you have Rogers First Rewards which equals to $20 off of the S5 which brings down the price to $229.99 & if you price match Telus prices you will get it for $199.99. ( If you use the 2,000Rewards points & price match Telus.) This is something the stores do NOT give out to customers getting the S5 without reserving it. I am pretty sure many would like the $50 pre paid suretap mastercard as a free gift. That is free $50 you can go get something with..

Also you are wrong & giving out the wrong info... . The $40 reservation fee gets credit back to you when you cancel the reservation & when it ships out. . Here is the correct info.

"Will my $40 reservation fee be returned to me?

The $40 reservation fee (+ taxes) is used to secure your order and place in line. We will credit the $40 (+ taxes) back to your Rogers account if you reserved as an existing customer, or to the original credit card if you reserved to activate a new line. Your fee will be credited under the following situations:

1) when your device ships from our warehouse or

2) when you cancel your reservation online."

Also the Rogers reservation system does NOT Guaranty you will be the first one. Read below.

" By reserving a device using the Rogers Reservation System, will I get my device before everyone else?

We cannot guarantee you will receive your device on the day it launches. We will be dedicating inventory towards our Reservation System orders and our goal is to get your device to you as soon as possible. However, we will also be shipping devices to stores that are not participating in the Reservation System program. For information on shipment timelines, please refer to the confirmation email you received when you reserved your device."

Rogers Reservation FAQ

I Plan to Stick Around

Meow, You might give people the impression that you're not a rogers employee, but you might even be worse. A rogers fanboy.

You accuse me of giving the wrong info, but clearely, you should take the time to read the fine print.

That 50$ suretap prepaid mastercard is only given to you IF, AND ONLY IF, you apply for a CIBC Mastercard and are approved:

"To receive the promotional funds, the eligible Rogers customer must have purchased/activated the device and completed the following by May 11/14: (i) register the suretap wallet app on their device; and (ii) successfully complete the application for the card. Use of the card subject to terms and conditions provided during application process, including (i) right to use promotional funds will not expire; (ii) funds not redeemable for cash or usable at any ATM; (iii) monthly maintenance fee of $2.50 will apply for as long as card is active; and (iv) card can be used at any point of sale that accepts MasterCard PayPass. The Card is issued by Peoples Trust Company."

As for the 40$, regardless of how i phrased my words, the outcome is, no matter what you do, you get it back. Like i mentionned, for the S3, S4 and the N3, i have used the reservation system, and always ended up getting my device in store, and my 40$ credited back to me. It might not have been when my phone was activated, but it was when my phone was shipped, which was a few days after that.

As for the great gift that rogers so generously give me and the next 9999 people that pre-order, they mean nothing, because the price match will bring anybody, regardless of they pre-order or not, back down to 199$. And for the 50$ pre-paid MC, it's conditionnal of adding an extra credit card to my portfolio.

I used this reservation system because i lose nothing to do so, but right now, i'm #20 in line, and if by thursday, i dont get the confirmation that my device has been delivered, i will go, like i do every year, to my local rogers dealer and buy it on the spot. I just hope they offer a bundle for the gear 2.

As for the N3, i was #1, and only rogers knows why i didnt get my phone through my reservation on launch day, so i canceled my reservation the second i had my N3. If you add me on facebook, you can go back to september 17th on my wall and see the screenshot i posted about being #1 in canada for the note 3.