Samsung Galaxy S5 Questions / Reservation Numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Questions / Reservation Numbers!

Hello AnonymousUser

No worries! Your post was also helpful! Smiley Happy
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello everyone!

Bell & Telus & Virgin have let their customer pre order the S5 since last night but Telus has the lowest price for it on a 2 year contract. The price from Telus is $229.99 2 yr term. Rogers & Bell have it $249.99 2 yr term.

If Rogers does not change it to that price, when you go to the store next Friday & pick one up, have the store rep do a price match with Telus. Rogers has the Price match which will let you price match with them & the device must be the same color / 2 yr term & same GB model.

" We're currently matching prices with:

National Carriers: Bell | Telus | Koodo | Wind | Mobilicity | Virgin

National Retailers: Walmart Canada | Target

Regional Carriers: Videotron

Competitor's offer must be advertised nationally on television, radio, print and/or the internet (local dealer pricing and regional retailer pricing not eligible for match).

Smartphones: Price match will only be applied if competitor's nationally advertised price is on "like" terms must be the same device model, in the same colour, on the same 2-yr term plan with the same minimum monthly service fee requirements (no term, month to month and 1-yr pricing not eligible for match). "
I Plan to Stick Around

Now that the Z2 isn't coming to Rogers, I figured I'd get the S5 but I had a couple of questions.

I'm on a $55 plan but I can still get all the subsidies Rogers offers on their site from calling into their customer support. So can I get the preorder too?

Also, the prepaid mastercard, can we still get it without a CIBC bank account/credit card?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Skomes

You can ore order it BUT the minimum plan price to upgrade is $60+.. It says this on the site as well. So when you go to the store, they may ask u to change your plan if the upgrade can't go thru.

Yes we can. Its a Rogers Mastercard which will be in the suretap. This will work like a normal Mastercard
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah, that's the thing, the minimum price point for a lot of the upgrades are $70 or $80 etc. to get the subsidy but I can still get them on my current plan, that's why I'm wondering.

If I reserve my S5 now and then can't get the plan/upgrade later, can I cancel at the store and get a refund on the $40 deposit?

I actually just remembered, my plan is actually $65 but in order to pricematch a $55 plan from a while ago, Rogers gave me a $10 discount each month as long as I keep my plan, so does that mean I'm actually eligible?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello skomes

If you can still do it, then going right ahead but just be aware the store computer may not let it work. This is with all carriers now.

As my first post says. You will get the $40 fee back when you cancel the reservation when the status is still OPEN or when the device ships outs. Your shipment email will say it as well. Once the device goes to the store and u no longer want it, just tell them that and they will sell it to someone else. You will get the $40 back no matter what tho.

Yes it does count and i should be fine! Smiley Happy
I Plan to Stick Around

That's interesting information, thanks for the help Meomix.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello skomes

My plan is $65 a month as well. Mine has unlimited Canada wide, 6GB data, unlimited texting and receive Canada, 200 US minutes, 500. Texts international. This place always gets accepted when i do upgrade everytime a new a new phone comes out.

You are welcome! Smiley Happy
I Plan to Stick Around

Just an update, I just reserved a device and my position is 2097, so there's still a lot of empty spaces for anybody who wants to pre-order to get the bonuses.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Skomes

Oh wow nice! I am #8 on the line for the black one. 2097 reservations is pretty good still! Yes that is correct, everyone still has time to get the bonuses!