Samsung Galaxy S4 visual voicemail plus app (vvm plus)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Samsung Galaxy S4 visual voicemail plus app (vvm plus)

hello peeps,

anyone else experiencing issue with the vvm plus app for s4?

tech support can't seem to make it work and it's more than 5 times theyve tried.

value pack for android with visual voicemail enabled (confirmed by customer care as well).

every time i run the vvm plus app, it tells me eithe:

1) im not subscribed to visual voicemail plus (which i am)

2) there is a system outage try again later

i've deleted and installed the vvm plus app, updated, restarted the phone, complete shut down, rogers tech 'refreshed my account provision' (supposed to refresh my service features with the rogers servers) and nothing have worked.

i do get voicemail, i can access it, i get voicemail text, voicemail text notification, but the vvm plus app will not load my vms.

i appreciate any info.  im getting frustrated and i think i've spent enough time with tech support (calling at least 6 times in the past few days and each call averaging 20 mins.).

thanks in advance.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 visual voicemail plus app (vvm plus)

Hello Regi

It seems the S4 is not supported yet. I would think it would be but i do not think it is. I called Rogers & asked & they told me the phone just came out so it may not be supported yet. I have the plan that includes VVM for Rogers yet does not work & get the same message you do on my S4 using LTE & 3G.
I've Been Here Awhile

Strange. My VVM+ is working fine with the S4 since the beginning.

I've Been Here Awhile

after 5 times and 2 weeks later with their tech support i finally got mine working on my S4

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello neondon

Good to hear!. Want to share how you got it working? That info can help the others having the same problem with VVM services.
I'm Here A Lot

I'm having the exact same issue with my galaxy s4 and have also been on the phone with rogers with no success.  Please let me know how you got it to work! Thanks.

I've Been Around

Visual voicemail Plus discontinued on Rogers network
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Tsupport

If it has, then they need to update their systems. It still shows it on the computer and customer service reps computer as a option.

Also if someone has VVM on their account, it wont be taken off. It will still work but for new customers it won't.
I Plan to Stick Around

The VVM+ app is no longer supported ever since Android 4.4 (KitKat) came out. The way visual voicemail on android will work for people is through MMS now.

I realize this topic is super old but just incase anyone comes searching for this answer.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello doodads

Rogers now has premium voicemail to text. Which is similar to VVM. The vvm rogers had, had to many issues.