Samsung Galaxy S4 Reservations.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Reservations.

Hello boomer5

Nice to hear! You will get faster and most likely by the end of Friday or Monday morning!!
peifen
I'm Here A Lot

Hi Meowmix

I bought a Sandisk 64GB Micro SDXC Class 10 UHS-1 for my samsung galaxy S4 and it was working fine for a week and now it keeps telling me sd card has been unexpectedly removed everytime I insert it and it just does it over and over again. but when I plug it into my computer it works fine. Is this a card issue or phone issue? Please help thanks.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello peifen

Try backing up the phone on Samsung Kies on your computer & then a factory reset on the S4. Add the SD card after & see if it works.

Also i just wanted to warn everyone about the SAMOLED. My buddies S4 was just in his pocket & without even hitting the phone or anything he pulled it out & the LCD was cracked in 3 places. The glass was fine & the phone still works but the SAMOLED is done for. Called Rogers & they told him since he has the Device protection, the S4 is in back order & he needs to wait until sometime next week to get it shipped. $120 to get another new or refurb model.

I warn you guys to be careful with the screen & the phone.
kwljeremy
I Plan to Stick Around

I ordered my GS4 over the phone today with Rogers Retention Service. And got myself a white 16gb and they said it was in stock. They told me that retention has their own stock of phones and said mine would likely ship out tommorow!! Is this true or is the rep mistaken. And I'm still debating on whether I should get the S4 or the HTC one. If you could recommend one or the other and give me some pointers on how to chose which one is better that would be great also!!!
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello kwljeremy

I really doubt it will ship tomorrow UNLESS they have plenty of white's in stock. I would wait until tomorrow afternoon to see if its been shipped or not.

As for the HTC One & S4? Its up to you. I have both phones & both phones have a 1080P screen, Quad-core. S4 runs on 4.2.2 where the HTC One runs on 4.1.2. Also HTC Has dual stereo speakers in the front where the S4 does not. S4 has a 5 inch screen where the HTC One as a 4.7 inch screen. S4 has a 13MP back camera VS the HTC One as 4MP ultra pixel camera.

I would suggest checking both phones out at the store & choosing which one you like.
kwljeremy
I Plan to Stick Around

I saw the HTC one and LOVED IT!! But never saw the S4 in person. But I've watched almost every review out there. And just want to know if that air view etc.. Works really well or is just another gimmic to sell the phone. And I have a iPhone 5 right now and am just simply bored of it. Which is why I decided to get the S4 or HTC one. Do you think that's a good idea or is it worth kit ticking to my 5?? And I love listening to music, but not from my speakers. As most of the time I just plug in my beats by dre. I just like how the s4 has a lot f features and it seems like you won't get bored right away. Whereas the HTC one makes me feel like I'll have fun with it for like 2 weeks. Then it'll get borin just like the iPhone 5. Btw, do u have a case on your S4, as I drop my phone sometimes and don't want it to break. But since there's gorilla glass 3 won't the screen be really hard to crack(unlike the iPhone 5 lol) and another reason I want the S4 is cause If I drop the HTC one I KNOWW it's gonna dent that beautiful aluminum. Which would just kill the look of the phone :(.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello kwljeremy

Yea all that is true. I would suggest getting a case. Plenty of tests i have seen the phone can crack and break. Like i said my buddies S4 was sitting and no one touched it. The SAMOLED cracked inside and now had to replace the phone. Thankfully he added the Rogers protection on it.

Case is always a plus on my phones. Always used one. Even if the phone is beautiful, i rather use a case and be safe.
kwljeremy
I Plan to Stick Around

Ok. Which of the two phones do you prefer and why? If you had to chose one ?
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello kwljeremy

i like both phones. If anything tho i would pick the S4. I won't list all the reasons why but i like the phone it self. Like i said i have owned 99% of all the phones that came out and have tested most of them.

Anyways lets stay on topic here before the posts get removed.
kwljeremy
I Plan to Stick Around

Oh ya. My bad man. Thanks a lot for your time and help. Much appreciated :). Hope mine does end up getting shipped Tommorow :). Did you order yours over the phone or did you reserve and pick it up?