Samsung Galaxy S4 Reservations.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Reservations.

Lots of good information posted here on what is going on.  Now I only wish I didn't take so long trying to decide what I wanted to do, since at this point I'm still at 1275 in the list (for black version).  I don't have the time to line up at any store come Friday either, so all I can hope is that maybe by the end of next week something is shipped for me!

So those looking at shipping info, and those waiting for the next batch, feel better!  I have a longer wait...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@ Meow,

Do you remember roughly what time yesterday the second batch of people moved to "In Progress"?

@ Max_Distance

I don't think the second batch changed to "In Progress" before 1:00 EST, maybe Meow will know.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Winnipeg people, my ups just updated. Said at 7am this morning it was sent out for delivery.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

wonderbyrd,

okay awesome, still nothing on my end from ups as far as updates. which store did you send it to?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I selected authorized dealer when I reserved mine, had no idea there was a difference.

I'm not sure why Rogers would send the devices from one warehouse to another warehouse before sending it to the dealers.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello swooshy

Its not Rogers fault here. Like i have explained many times, the Rogers authorized dealerships have their own warehouse. Those stores are owned by a private company & not by Rogers.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

OK

If that's the case they should put a notice on the reservetion system that selecting authorized dealer will delay you receiving your device.

My dealer told me yesterday that they would have the phones today ..awaiting the call.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello swooshy

Sometimes the dealers warehouse may ship it out quickly. It all depends if they give it back to UPS with a new label that day.

Also that is correct but Rogers does not work with those stores. I found this out when the reservation system opened. The stores are privately owned but work for Rogers. Its up to them & Rogers to put a warning like that BUT they will not because those stores will lose business that way.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Anyone know if Rogers will increase the # of units in the 3rd batch (i.e. more than 300 or 600 units across the country) in preparation of Friday May 3rd launch at the stores?  If they don't, I don't know how people are going to get the phone even if they lineup outside the store on Friday.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello mkt20

No one knows this info as none of us work for Rogers or the warehouse. Also the stores usually get 5-20 units each depending on the high traffic the store has. No more then that.

If you wait outside early, then you may get one. This is the same thing as other phone launches. Blackberry Z10, Q10 today were sold out at launch. All iPhones were sold out at launch.

The Rogers stores i know had around 15-20 phones each time.