Samsung Galaxy S4 Reservations.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Reservations.

After a few hours and getting tossed back and forth between agents, i finally have my business reservation. #95. Still going to the store on release day to try and snap one up.

Thanks to Meow for being so informative, Rogers should pay you for your services!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello JohnnyBuck

That is good to hear!. I would suggest going to the store & waiting to get the phone just in case your reservation phone does not make it on launch.

You are welcome!. Always here to help:). Rogers does not want to do that lol. Doing this on my own time to help everyone out as much as i can:)
I've Been Here Awhile

I tried to reserve many times but it wont do it for me... give the following error

"Sorry, but we cannot process your request at this time. It could be due to one of the following reasons:

• You are not eligible to use the reservation system; you must have an existing wireless device and receive a monthly bill from Rogers.

• You are eligible, but we are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later.

Thank you."
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello ysr84

Are you a existing Rogers customer? If so then its the second one. Sometimes they do have technical problems with the website / reservation side as well. I would keep trying every hour or so.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

i have a general Question here. So the general public will get the S4 first if they walk into a Rogers store on release day? Yet you reserve it early so that ROGERS know you want it and will commit to a 3 year contract AGAIN, Pay 40.00 + tax for the reservation fee and you get it a week or two after the release day?

Rez101 

I've Been Here Awhile

From what I understand, preorders get it on the 27th and public sales start May 3.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello burnerbob70

General public will get the S4 the on April 27th. Same day as the reservation phones get sent out / released. You can walk into a Rogers store on April 27th & get one if you wish. That day is the release day.

The $40 fee gets credit back to you once you cancel or the phone gets shipped out. This fee is just a deposit that is all. You get it back. It depends what number you are on the reservation. If you are a high number, you may get a it a few days after the launch.The problem is that companies give a few phones to the carriers & the carriers have to divide it between the stores / call center / reservation & Business lines.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello vink99

You are not correct.That is only for Telus. Bell, Rogers & Fido have the set release date as April 27th.  Reservation phones & public customers aka walk ins can get the S4 on April 27th. That is the set release date of the phone for carriers in Canada. Samsung Canada already posted this on their twitter.

"The GALAXY S4 begins arriving April 27th."

https://twitter.com/SamsungMobileCA/status/323782013423333378

I Plan to Stick Around

I was unaware of the $40 reservation fee. Is this something the rep should have told me when he was making my reservation over the phone? Or is it different for business customers? 

I'm Here A Lot

mine is 101 i reserved it a few days before they started the ad on here, thats good news that the 40 is credited back, im on a corporate plan and was reading an earlier post of yours saying:

Yea sometimes Rogers releases the reservations for the business / corporate clients later after the regular customer reservations. Rogers has not said why they do this but they keep doing it. 

You should be getting it sometime after the launch or you may be lucky & get it on launch. Wait a couple of days before the launch & see if the status has changed 

One more thing to add, you MAY not get the phone on launch. Past reservations with the iPhone 5, Z10, Note 2 & a few other phones, business & corporate clients waited for around a week or more for their phones. Just a heads up so you know.

so this kinda scared me lol