Samsung Galaxy S2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

vanquish:

i'd say that the size of the phone is not bad.....the original 4.3 doesnt even feel big to me at all. since this is the 4.5" screen, it might take some getting used to for some people, but its heck of a beastly phone.....

i dont have large hands anyway, so for me this wasnt an issue to be honest

i recommend anyone who is looking into this phone and isnt sure, to BUY IT!

its really worth it and its future proof as well as really really smart! i just love everything it does

all in all, the size is definately not an issue or a dealbreaker......

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

i shall post everything i can about the phone tomorrow.....i need time with it.....
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

oh and im assuming alberta and ontario are the only provinces who got the shipments?
like i said, i was 348 so im assuming the first 700-900 were shipped.....maybe.....
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So Story of the Day for me

3:30 PM - Rogers Store Calls me and tells me they got my S2 YAY!!!!

SO NOW I need to go return my HTC Raider, and exchange it for the S2.

The bad part is that, they shipped the S2 to the KIOSK, and I bought my Raider at the Rogers store at the same Mall.

4:00 PM - I drive to my office and pick up my retail box (I left the receipt and box etc at work) 

4:10 PM - I proceed to the Store to RETURN my raider. Sit around for 5 minutes while she confirms the talk time etc etc... then rep says, we're good, and to remove the sim. So I proceed to "wipe the phone" and remove the sim and sd card.

4:15 PM - Rep tells me, our systems are down.... we can't do the return. "You can wait until 7pm and hopefully before we close the systems will be back again.

4:15 to 6:45 PM - I wander the mall... keep wandering.. i pop by the store a few times to see if there are any updates. I also go to the KIOSK to look at my S2 which has my name on it, but i cannot open yet....

6:45 PM - SORRY THE ENTIRE SYSTEM HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN DUE TO POTENTIAL PHISHING ACTIVITY!

OMG!!! what a WASTE of two and a half hours !!!!

Anyways this is only related to the point of sale systems. HUP's are not affected.

GUH!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

hello,

i'm a lazy guy, please allow me to ask you this question.

i have 2more years left in contract but didn't get any hardware upgrade in last 4 years.

i talked to rogers and they confirmed that i am eligible for a hardware upgrade.

i am not sure if i have to pay early upgrade fee in this case.

i am not on a data plan and i want to jump to data plans when i get gs2 lte, but i don't want LTE plan. please suggest a good plan for me.

If i buy the phone, how much would i have to pay?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

OMG, that must have been so frustrating!

I suggest you go and watch a movie with popcorn or go out and try to forget about it until Monday...

That's what I'll do... oh, and also help wife tmw to start putting some xmas lights out.

Congrats to all who got their phones.

One question: how is the keyboard?

With my older Xperia X10, the keyboard was very bad, and I was using swype, which was great and I got used to.

With the larger screen, how good is the typing? Is swype still a good app to use with S2?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

wilsondavila:

the keyboard is great

because the phone is bigger than, say an ipod/iphone, (i have an ipod touch and its annoying to tyoe on those!), you have a larger keyboard and more room for typing

i find the keyboard great

and swipe is amazing! its even better on this one....defz keep it

im getting used to it now and im loving the fact that it gets used to my typing : D

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I got mine in Winnipeg at noon yesterday. Number 481on reserve list. Came with a lte card free. Phone arrived at 59%, used it all day long and finished at 24%. Gave my galaxy captivate to my gf, fully charged, died at the end of the day. this thing is lightning fast, ran quadrant to the tune of 2500. Gonna try rooting it later, cause this bad boy is loaded with bloatware
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

The s2 is finaly official out!!! They have released it on the web page now! I guess that doesn't mean they have any because they've been known to do that but it is now officially released! Go check it out for your self, I found out today through twitter mobile syrup posted a link:)
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Damnit! I called my location and they did get a S2 in from the reservation list but it's not mine. 😞