cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2

canucklove
I've Been Here Awhile

I spoke with a Rogers rep and he said that they will not be getting the S2 yet. He said probably not until earliest September, but more likely even later in the year.

Too bad...its an amazing phone, but I've been saving my upgrade for months and months for the S2 only to be disappointed that I have to wait for everyone else to get it first. Smiley Sad

***edited labels***

836 REPLIES 836

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

bluecoupe
I Plan to Stick Around

@shaggyskunk wrote:
So..according to Mobilesyrup...as of yesterday..rogers is offering $30.00 6Gig plan to LTE customers as well. Called rogers & they said that there is no such plan?

Yah I read that last night too.  So I went and turned on LTE on my phone did a speed test and was getting 8mb download vs 1.5mb that I usually get... I'll probably drop by a Rogers store during lunch to see if they have anymore info... but judging from others experiences with store reps don't hold your breath lol

daniiiel
I Plan to Stick Around

@shaggyskunk wrote:
So..according to Mobilesyrup...as of yesterday..rogers is offering $30.00 6Gig plan to LTE customers as well. Called rogers & they said that there is no such plan?

I just called Rogers and the customer service representative had no idea what I was talking about and told me there was no such offer. I asked to be transferred to retentions and right away he told me there was no such thing until I told him about the forums. He checked and told me I was correct.

However, I couldn't change my current $35 for 2gb plan because he said it was already "attached or bundled" with my voice plan but instead I could only add another $10 for 6gb. It doesn't make sense because I know there are no voice + lte data plans right now and when I renewed my plan, they came separately. I'm not sure what to do...

But for those who are calling in and being told "the plan doesn't exist", ask to be forwarded to relations.

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Got confirmation from Ian @ Mobilesyrup

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

This is the confirmaition from Ian @Mobilesyrup.

"Thanks for the email.
I've seen the Rogers doc on this, it's there and went live late yesterday.

Best
Ian"

As you might conclude, I sent an email to Ian at mobilesyrup.  

I guess that we will have to give rogers some time to inform the "other hand" at rogers, what the 1st hand is doing...

I also wonder if this post will be removed?  I was not too surprised to see that somehow, I have managed to rub the moderators the wrong way...all that without the use of nasty languange or anything...oh well. c'est la vie.

villinvr6
I Plan to Stick Around

@Todd - Regarding the battery issue. I got off the phone with tech support regarding battery issue and why Im having trouble getting 3G and mainly 95% on EDGE, he told me the same thing, Backup all contacts to sim and do a "Factory data reset", I'll have to do this tonight since it'll take a few to get my apps back up and running again. Hope this works.

And BTW, GO launcher is one of the best ive used so far as a launcher including most of their apps/widgets.

Euripides
I Plan to Stick Around
I called Rogers too about the LTE plan , and I still have to get a new plan in order to get that, bc it is part of the package, and not a stand alone deal. But im sure ain't going to sacrifice my 700 day time minutes to 200 for a new plan, and besides Alberta doesn't have LTE yet.

shortydm11
I Plan to Stick Around
shaggy: you may be having a tech issue with your phone. i only once and a while cant connect to a webpage and have to refresh it but other then that absolutely no probs. im also not using lte network. but you should look into this. its either lte network or theres something wrong with your phone.

shortydm11
I Plan to Stick Around
i too am in alberta with no lte and my phone is fast enough, i dont need this extra stuff

shaggyskunk

on hold with rogers at about 2;30pm....CSR is still trying to find this plan, that "went live" on the 17th...yesterday.

rogers REALLY needs to get their act together...AGAIN!  Why does rogers insist on blind-siding their own people??? 

It's not the CSR's fault that they have not been informed.  Why were the customers having to inform rogers CSRs about the delivery of the SGll.

Finally...after listening to rogers, ever so delightful "on hold music" (I'd rather be duct-taped to a chair being forced to watch the New Two and a half Men...over and over) the CSR found the plan....I mentioned that the EE's at rogers should speak to their management about leaving the "front-line" in the lurch, yet again..Sigh.

Plan Changed to 6 Gig....Phew...Time now 2:48pm.

Next on the List: LTE connectivity issues, but even at 4G speeds...$30 for 6 Gigs is WAY better then what I had been paying for an HSPA+ Rocketstick.....It was $50.00 for 2 Gigs until I got them to reduce that by 50%...but now by paying an extra $10.00 for Shared Data, the cost for BOTH is $40.00!!

I have been trying to see if I could get Mobilesyrup to conduct a Survey of rogers customers, with LTE, to determine overall satisfaction with in rogers own words "THE FASTEST WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY ON THE PLANET"?

I figure if those that find the LTE speeds and connectivity, well crappy..Send in an e-mail to info@mobilesyrup.com .... perhaps we can be as successful as we were in getting Rogers to address the issue.

shaggyskunk

@shortydm11 wrote:
shaggy: you may be having a tech issue with your phone. i only once and a while cant connect to a webpage and have to refresh it but other then that absolutely no probs. im also not using lte network. but you should look into this. its either lte network or theres something wrong with your phone.

Thanks Shorty...It may be an issue with my phone, but I was having similar issues with my rocketstick....it may be more of a location issue, even though I am within 1km of a tower...and can see Parliment Hill (don't know if that is the problem...all those politicians  🙂  with their bad Karma, disturbing the air..yeah, I am wearing my tin foil hat).

soondai14
I Plan to Stick Around
i turned off gos but battery usage says gps is on. does anyone kno why??

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
You need to restart the phone & do a battery pull & the gps will come off the battery usage.

soondai14
I Plan to Stick Around

is it normal to drop 10-15% battery in 8 hr standby with following condition?

-edge network

-wifi off

-gps off

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
My s2 LTE did the same thing. My battery dropped 10-15% each hour. This is why i gave it back.

shaggyskunk
Bestbuy now has the SGll @ $129.00 What was rogers price "guarantee" again... Rogers CSR's still don't have the phone & plan FAQs right yet & the price is dropping faster then the value of B.B. shares..

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

This is because of the Galaxy Nexus & also a few other phones are about to get released. They see that the phone will get sold on a lower price & so they lower it & so doing that will give them more money.. Rogers stays with the same price until they decide to change it.

barbas
I Plan to Stick Around
My zgs2 is on lte plan now but the service bar only show 2 lines ?? Why??

shaggyskunk
@Shorty...Did you check to see if your security setting is set to allow NON market Apps to install, because the Samsung Apps can only be installed as non market APPS.

shortydm11
I Plan to Stick Around
@shaggy yes I did

VIEWS AFTER 3 WEEKS

-Wacky Battery Usuage: it'll be at a 100% for what seems like a long time, then all of a sudden, it like at 15%, v.annoying

-LTE Areas: I live in downtown Toronto, & I don't always automatically get it for some reason

-LTE Plan: 72 bucks = 2GB, Unlimited Evenings After 6pm & Weekends 24hrs, 200 Weekday Minutes, My10

-Processor Speeds: still flies, even after a bunch of apps, music, pdfs, pictures on phone

-Root: Successfully Rooted via SuperOneClick 2.2 ( http://www.flickr.com/photos/ericgarcia/6397699551/ )

-Case: via eBay Casemate Barely There Model (http://stores.ebay.com/Exati-Technologies?_trksid=p4340.l2563 )

-Screen Protector: ( http://stores.ebay.com/All-City?_trksid=p4340.l2563)

-Tweaked: (http://mycolorscreen.com/2011/11/17/newest-deskie/)

-Phone Size: Still feel like it's just a wee bit too big/wide, but whatev, I'll deal with it

-Kies Air: Who knew a Samsung Stock App would be so great? love it!!

that's about all I can think of right now...any questions, just pm me..

later skaters!

PS -- kinda funny that erreyone disappeared from here once they got their S2 LTE's..hehehehe..

shaggyskunk
I think that many are still around, just probably checking out the main Android page. @Tristan... any chance that you might post a exactly step by step on how you rooted your phone?

shaggyskunk
Pretty sad,that there are still some csrs that don't know, unless Rogers is telling them, to pretend.....??