cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2

canucklove
I've Been Here Awhile

I spoke with a Rogers rep and he said that they will not be getting the S2 yet. He said probably not until earliest September, but more likely even later in the year.

Too bad...its an amazing phone, but I've been saving my upgrade for months and months for the S2 only to be disappointed that I have to wait for everyone else to get it first. Smiley Sad

***edited labels***

836 REPLIES 836

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

soondai14
I Plan to Stick Around

for those of you who used ios before.

after typing number in ios, if you hit space bar, it goes back to alphabetic keyboard.
Anyone knows how to do this with android?

thx in advance

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

On the battery front.....After 13 Hrs.  With no particular effort to be frugal with use and not using any preservation methods...40% charge remaining.

shaggyskunk

Sort of on the batter front...I like the Razr...but you can't replace the battery??  What's up with that?

soondai14
I Plan to Stick Around
i was playing with my phone before i go to bed but i found out that i can see weird dots in my screen when i display pure black screen. i didnt notice this when i was using my phone in light. is this normal?
try this. take a photo while covering the lens with ur finger. go somewhere dark and carefully look at the screen.. is it just my phone?

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 CONNECTIVITY?? 3 Bars & 4G showing...BUT...

shaggyskunk

Anyone notice any issues with connectivity?  I would be making this comment on my SGll...but while my Rocketstick has a connection..the SGll does not!!  The Status on the phone shows 3 bars and 4G...What's up with that???  The phone works to make a call, but I can't connect to ANY web-site????

As it is 6:am, in the Ottawa area, I don't imagine that the network is overloaded.....

Yesterday I e-mailed almost 2 Weeks worth of random speed test results to Mobilesyrup...just a little bit curious...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Honestly my S2 LTE was never getting any good connections either on LTE or 3G or 4G speeds. I got a 2-3 bars where i would get all bars on my iPhone 4S & HTC Raider ( on the HTC Raider i got all bars on 3G / 4G / LTE)

I am guessing wit making the phone thin it comes with a price right? This is why i sold my S2 LTE & stayed with my Raider. The more thin the phone is made the worse it will get. Remember the antenna is most likely placed on the bottom of the phone.

bluecoupe
I Plan to Stick Around

For me this SGS2 LTE seems to be more stable than my Captivate so no complaints here... I even get reception while on waiting for the Go train to pull out of Union station... whereas I use to have no connection data or voice... my wife's ip4s seems to struggle there at times as well but its not as bad as it was with the Captivate. 

villinvr6
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, since being on "GSM" mode, it has been horrible here in Winnipeg, uses Edge 95% of the time and for some reason it cannot find 3G, when I switch to 4G it works wonders. Awesome for battery life but horrible for data connection. When Im on 4G, my battery dies like no tomorrow, easily went from 87% to 82% in 20mins and Im only on FB messenger, brightness low, static wallpaper, email sync at 1hr.

daniiiel
I Plan to Stick Around

I have been getting an average of 20Mb/s or 2.5MB/s on the LTE network in Thornhill, Ontario with 3-4 bars. Could be better but I'm okay with the consistency for now.

splashdown
I Plan to Stick Around

I am finding the signal strength very disappointing. I managed to get an LTE download at 22.01 Mbps once, but average on LTE is 5 to 6Mbps. As far as phone coverage goes I've had half a dozen dropped calls in both LTE and 4G / 3G areas and rarely see more than a single bar.

I love the phone, wish I could just turn off all of the cr-stuff-ap that was loaded on it, like Facebook, Social Hub and other things I DO NOT WANT. I wish the coverage could be more stable. I wish Maps would not always start itself as I try to save battery usage when I only need a phone by my side.

And I wish Rogers would just send me back the $20 extra they charged me for the phone Monday night before they officially launched Tuesday Morning for $179.00. Are you listening??? You have not made a very good friend.

shaggyskunk

@splashdown wrote:

I am finding the signal strength very disappointing. I managed to get an LTE download at 22.01 Mbps once, but average on LTE is 5 to 6Mbps. As far as phone coverage goes I've had half a dozen dropped calls in both LTE and 4G / 3G areas and rarely see more than a single bar.

I love the phone, wish I could just turn off all of the cr-stuff-ap that was loaded on it, like Facebook, Social Hub and other things I DO NOT WANT. I wish the coverage could be more stable. I wish Maps would not always start itself as I try to save battery usage when I only need a phone by my side.

And I wish Rogers would just send me back the $20 extra they charged me for the phone Monday night before they officially launched Tuesday Morning for $179.00. Are you listening??? You have not made a very good friend.

Google ROOTING your phone....there are ways to remove the junk you don't want on your phone....The way OUR phones are setup with rogers (in fact all carriers), is you do not have Admin privileges, so the good is; you can't muck up your phone....the bad is; you can't make changes that you might want to....same as your p.c. if you got it from a company that you work for v.s. your own where YOU are the Admin.

shortydm11
I Plan to Stick Around
i noticed a blue haze when im scrolling and moving on web pages, anyone else notice??

soondai14
I Plan to Stick Around
i think that means u r at the end of the page. anyone with weird dots while displaying black screen??

shortydm11
I Plan to Stick Around
yes it happens when im on the end of the screen just never noticed it with any other phone. i was just wondering if this happens with everyone elses phones too?

shaggyskunk

@shortydm11 wrote:
yes it happens when im on the end of the screen just never noticed it with any other phone. i was just wondering if this happens with everyone elses phones too?

Yup, on mine too...also, the text below icons, kind of fades out towards the end if the text is lnger then a few characters.

shaggyskunk
Well, So far I am not loving the signal strength at al!! I have resolved my LTE issue....I thought that the guy at the store, updated or whatever rogers, when I picked up my phone and they activated my new sim card to include LTE...MAYBE my bad?
In any event, the reception in Ottawa wth LTE...stinks! I don't know the ins & outs of LTE vs HSPA+ But, when I see 4-5 bars @ 4G....& it switches to LTE...All of a sudden it drops to 1 bar. I am really pretty sure, that rogers pushed too hard to get the plan available, without making sure that it would run properly in gee, Ottawa for example...

ToddJD
I've Been Here Awhile

My battery was lasting 6 to 7 hours with light usage. I did a factory reset and now it lasts all day with heavy/moderate usage.

splashdown
I Plan to Stick Around

Same experience in the Toronto LTE Area. I have dropped several calls from my 1-Bar LTE and find that I have to switch off of the network to return these dropped calls.

Once again it costs to be the guinea pig!

shaggyskunk

shaggyskunk
Once again this morning.......1 bar on LTE....& CAN'T open site! Had to turn the phone off/on to get to 1LTE bar again...this time it "found" 4G. Tried to do this by going to Networks..& switching it myself...but it just displayed a nice little circle as it seemed to aimlessly search on it's own. Wonder if Mobilesyrup will do a survey on just how well Canada's 1st LTE provider is measuring up?
Even as i was typing this...the phone tried to switch to the "Mythicle" LTE, & the keyboard froze...until 4-5 bars of 4G returned...Maybe rogers is just not ready for LTE just now???

shaggyskunk
So..according to Mobilesyrup...as of yesterday..rogers is offering $30.00 6Gig plan to LTE customers as well. Called rogers & they said that there is no such plan?