Samsung Galaxy S2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

Not to mention the ludicrous pricing on their LTE service.

I've Been Around

I've been with Rogers for ~10 years, have all my services (cable, internet, wireless) here. But their decision not to get Samsung Galaxy S2 might be the last nail in the coffin. If they don't care what customers want why stay with them? Looks like I will be switching my wireless to Bell, internet to Teksavvy and will get rid of the cable altogether. Not a big fan of Bell, but at least they got the phone I want. 

I've Been Around

On the off chance that someone at Rogers is reading this.... I really hope they will get the S2 because the fact that Bell has it coming out in 2 days is really really tempting, especially since my Rogers contract is just about to expire...........

I've Been Around

Bell offer me $200 credit / phone to switch from rogers with their business plan, min 2 numbers, until july 31. perfect time for switch with a S2 ..

I've Been Here Awhile

Yeah gonna call Bell to see what they'll offer me for a deal.

Rogers really blew the timing on this one.  Best phone coming out in the foreseeable future and they ignore it and try to pawn off the Infuse on us.

It's really sad they don't listen to their userbase.

I've Been Here Awhile

I heard something new from my friend who lives in the states today. If you're following the lawsuit between Samsung and Apple , that might be a major reason why galaxy sII is postponed in US. If Rogers have a agreement with Apple, this reason may also works here. 

I've Been Here Awhile

If it is true that Rogers can't get SGII because of Apple, that is just sad and bad business.

I would hope that somebody in rogers is bright enough to realize how **bleep** this idea is.

Speaking of LTE, how many of us can afford the data fee anyway? Do you need to Watch TV on public transit. I know this is happening in Korea but it is in a different setting. Also, who said LTE is 4G?? Let's be honest. 4G is a standard for the network speed, and i mind you that LTE is yet to be part of 4G. It is definitely a Pre-4G technology.

In any case, LTE and APPLE, whatever the reason is, not getting the phone most of us want is a huge mistake. I called Rogers and they told me i owe them 460 if i want to cancel (with tax of course). I can't afford LTE but i can surely afford your cancellation fee.

Best wishes to all.

Regards,

PS: i was with rogers since i got to canada in '98 (Cable/internet)

I Plan to Stick Around

I went to a Bell store today to try to buy the S2 outright so that I could unlock it and use it on Rogers (where I have 1 year left in my contract).  They wouldn't sell it to me without a minimum 30 day activation, which costs $50 for the month and $35 for activation. They also weren't willing to offer anything to switch me from Rogers.

Any suggestions for how to get around this?

I Plan to Stick Around

@jdcabc

you'd have to go to like a Best Buy or some other 3rd party retailer to buy it outright. However Rogers will be carrying the Samsung Galaxy Q in case you'd rather wait for something more new and the latest
I Plan to Stick Around

@Melly

BestBuy says that they are only selling them with three-year activations at this point, but might allow outright sales in a month or two.