Samsung Galaxy S2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

No it will just close every application that is on. If you are using the music player or internet it will just shut them down so they will not be open.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have a TELUS S2X, I have put in my iPhone 4 microsim with a sim adapter. All works, but I am on 3G network still. Shouldn't I be able to access 4G (HSDPA+)?

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

For those having issues with Voice Command not matching on your Contacts, I've posted a solution here:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Google+Mobile/thread?tid=3ca6451c1349e82e&hl=en&fid=3ca6451c13...

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Has anyone had any luck in finding a proper case for the SGll ?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

yea me too.  I don't want to lose my plan.  what is full price?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Battery life update:

10th day:
- Charged till 11:30pm last night (then unplugged it)
- On 4G all the time
- Played Scrabble online with my friend (on 4G, not wifi) for 15mins
- Went to bed at 11:45pm
- Woke up for work at 7:30am, battery says 100% still?!?
- Did a power off/Power on, checked meter again, battery down to 20%

So, all in all I am roughly looking at minimum 9-9.5hrs with light usage.

I have a charger at home, charger in my car, and charger at work (a la blackberry days)

I feel that car charger and if you charge it to your laptop/pc just trickles juice whereas if you plug it into the wall it charges pretty quickly.

Battery saver I always have on:
- brightness down to minimum
- dark wallpaper
- Fixed, static wallpaper
- GPRS off
- wifi off (only use it if Im at home and plugged to the wall)

- Android Booster app

Tonight I will try switching to 3G, and uninstalling Android Booster (since I know task killing kills the battery as well) and see how far it'll go.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Does anyone know who can pick up a reserved phone? The name on the account is that of my parents but I have authorization to make changes on the account (I have highest possible authorization, rank 1 or whatever it is). Is that sufficient to be able to pick up the phone from a store?

Thanks for any help.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

The account holder has to show up. Your parents need to show their I.D in order to get the phone. If your parents can not go then you can not get the phone. It does not matter if you a second highest in the account and you are able to make changes but like the rules says you need the account holder their.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

this it my 5th day with s2 lte. let me tell you how my battery is doing.

i did around 4 full charge cycles so far. (0% to 100%)

Last night I charged my phone to 100%, but this morning it had around 90%.(7:30am)

And until now (11:40 am) I did following activities with the phone.

watched video on my way to work for 20min (not streamed videos)

played mp3s for 10min

Sent and received around 100 msgs (4g)

Used facebook app for around 5min.

Checked email

Did not shut down any apps that I turned on (8 apps so far)

My screen brightness is set automatically

And now (11:40am) my battery is at 40%. I’m hoping battery life will get better after few more full battery cycle.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Nice battery life.. lol. To be honest the Battery life will not get better after a few more full battery cycle charges. It stays the same as before.

Try installing Juice Defender Ultimate. That will shut down the 4G & it will shut down any wireless stuff on the phone when its on standby.