Samsung Galaxy S2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 ANOTHER PRICE DROP

I realize the pricing in independant FS will get commission vs Rogers getting commission for the phone sale/HUP.

So my question is then is it worth it?

Will FS even do it for HUP? or will they only offer that price to new customers?

I find that FS could care less.

I renewed my wife's plan at best buy mobile for the 3 year term pricing a month ago.

Therefore I ask... would Rogers rather keep your business or take back the phone withint he 15 days buyer remorse rule and let you walk away to FS to buy this at $30 less?

It's not a big hassle for me. $30 is significant savings.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@lillady wrote:
Glad to hear, shaggy! It has been so long since I used a HUP that I have no idea how stores like Future Shop and Best Buy handle this anymore..... but I am in desperate need of a new phone (using a blackberry pearl FLIP, yuck!!!) and am not willing to pay full price.

I know from experience, that depending on the CSR that you speak to, their "flexibility" varies.  rogers is not in the business of losing business, so, with the right CSR and some finagling...you might be surprised at just how much you can get.  🙂

I, personaly have chosen to wait a few days before calling rogers regarding their pricing and my plan, simply because there will be more ammunition on my sdie when I do call.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

Guys,  have any of you picked up a phone today at a Rogers store?  It would seem the S2 sells at 129.99$ and the Razr at 99.99$ according to the comments of 2 guys on this article.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2011/11/09/future-shop-to-discount-rogers-galaxy-sii-lte-razr-and-raider-by-5...

I was wondering if other experienced that same surprise when showing up at a store and picking up their phone.

Let me know.

Highlighted

MAN!!!  I can't believe just how many pages are missing from the "rogerized" Owners Manual!!  A quick comparison between the AT&T version and the "rogerized" manuals...makes me feel like I am at the mercy of some Corp.. I.T Admin. Dept.!1

ROGERS!, it's OUR phone!! not yours!!  I really hope that when ICS rolls out that we can download directly from Samsung via Kies, and not some Sanitized, "rogersized" NEUTERED version!!

Highlighted

@halo240sx wrote:

Guys,  have any of you picked up a phone today at a Rogers store?  It would seem the S2 sells at 129.99$ and the Razr at 99.99$ according to the comments of 2 guys on this article.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2011/11/09/future-shop-to-discount-rogers-galaxy-sii-lte-razr-and-raider-by-5...

I was wondering if other experienced that same surprise when showing up at a store and picking up their phone.

Let me know.

Let's see if Mobilesyrup does another "interview" with rogers, asking them about the seemingly wild price fluctuations..?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

OK folks here are my observations after having this phone for four days. Battery life is about 24hrs with Very Light usage. Do not get a case with a magnet closure as it seems to knock out reception completly. I was in a meeting all day today and had put my phone in a new "e-bay" case with a magnetic closure. Result was no reception at all whilst in the case. I had to take it out and switch it to HSPA to regain the signal. Downtown Ottawa getting just 4G no LTE.

The pricing issue is burning my A**. I will be either returning the phone or getting Rogers to price match.

Ohhhhh and the phone I reserved showed up today at my Rogers store. I picked up my phone on Saturday afternoon from a batch that was shipped for general release.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

does anyknow know how to take screenshot with this device?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Ok 4 day in possesion of the phone...... battery: regular use or + regular use 10 h. , .almost no use 20h, this is ok I gess, now about the price drop, any one know how rogers work about returning devices? I cakk rogers and thwy tell me that can't mach the price drop.... so i stak with $ 199.00 , but the paper said I have 15 day to return the device..... can I go back to my old plan and ask for a full refound? walk into the store and buy back the phone for a cheaper price? any one, any one????

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

yup yes you can. within 15 days as long as voice is under 30 min.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hold the home button then press lock.

If you hold the home button too long, a window pops up.

Screen captures will show up in your Gallery