Samsung Galaxy S2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

is it possible for us (rogers customers) to buy the phone from bell/virgin, unlock it, and use it with rogers service?

I Plan to Stick Around

That's possible.  You could also order it from the UK or somewhere else online if you find a better price.  Many people on the XDA-Developers forum have done that.

I'm Here A Lot

would unlocking it kill the warrantee?  would samsung warantee it? or would bell/virgin?

I Plan to Stick Around

Unlocking generally voids the warranty, but I don't have any experience with that. You're best off just googling the info. Good luck.
I'm Here A Lot

ive decided im just going to wait for Rogers to get the Nexus Prime...booya

I've Been Here Awhile

technical aspect: i believe the phone is sold unlocked.  

if rogers says that it will launch S2 later this year, why bother waiting? There will be better phones available in Q3/Q4

I Plan to Stick Around

The international version has no warranty in north america, but I don't see it being a problem buying it from bell/virgin and brining it to rogers.
I Plan to Stick Around

HI GUYS I GET AN E-MAIL FROM BELL CANADA TODAY   JULY 21 2011 AND THEY TELL ME THAT SAMSUMG GALAXY S 2 IS GOING TO BE IN STORES ACROSS CANADA ON JULY 21 2011... SO GET READY IF YOU CAN...MY PLAN WITH ROGERS EXPIRE ON DECEMBER....... GOOD LOCK.  

BARBAS

I've Been Around

Sad news for all

I went today to 2 Rogers Store in downtown Montreal. Spoke with the managers in each store.

They confirm to me that Rogers WON'T get the Samsung Galaxy II. They choose to go with the Samsung Infuse 4G, HTC EVO 3D & LG Optimus 3D instead.