Samsung Galaxy S2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

Thanks @ databubble

I have an LTE SIM and LTE Plan. Service is getting better in the LTE Zone, though I have no LTE at this time. I am currently 16km inside the LTE Zone and often, though not always, (like now,) have hade some great speeds. At home I am in an advertised HSPA+ zone but 35km north outside of any LTE current planned expansions.

This is either a phone with a poor antenna, or a network experiencing shortness of promise. I vote for number 2 because I love this phone!

I Plan to Stick Around

i set my screen brightness to minimum at work, brightness increases every time i open up internet browser.

I know that there are separate brightness setting for the browser and general os.

Problem is the brightness stays with browser setting even I set os brightness to minimum. This is driving me nuts. Is this supposed to be like this?

I Plan to Stick Around

When u go into settings under brightness make sure auto brightness is unchecked. Also are u using the screebl app by any chance because that app can cause it too
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@soondai14 wrote:

i set my screen brightness to minimum at work, brightness increases every time i open up internet browser.

I know that there are separate brightness setting for the browser and general os.

Problem is the brightness stays with browser setting even I set os brightness to minimum. This is driving me nuts. Is this supposed to be like this?

It sounds like there is an app that is interferring with normal opteration of the screen brightness. Do you have some power saving app or anything of the sort running? That is where I'd start looking. On my unit I have no issues disableing the auto brightness and switching between browser and everything else.

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm having problems here in Edmonton too. Internets taking forever to load or won't at all.I figure rogers is having network problems right now. When I switch to wifi everythings fine
I Plan to Stick Around

I've had no further connection problems here in Edmonton today
I'm Here A Lot

I never experienced anythng like that. I had, once, almost ran out of memory on my Galaxy S because i had a lot widgets and apps running in the background. Another time I downloaded a few apps at once to try them out and one of them started to realy slow down the whole animations - I even had problems trying to change the lock screen walpaper with pics from Galery. Uninstalled ALL the apps and re-installed them one at the time and only the ones that were reliable.

I had my Galaxy S II for almost 2 weeks now and it works perfect! No slow downs, no freezing. And I never turn it off. I have a few apps and personaly I would suggest you look at "GO Launcher", "GO Power Master", GO Task Manager". The are one of the best out there and they realy do work well. Save battery power and manages the phone memory and a lot more usefull features.

There is a possibility that a downloaded app is messing with the phone. If you uninstall all the apps you downloaded and the phone still freezing up then its most likely something wrong with it. Exchange it.

Good luck