Samsung Galaxy S2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

Bestbuy now has the SGll @ $129.00 What was rogers price "guarantee" again... Rogers CSR's still don't have the phone & plan FAQs right yet & the price is dropping faster then the value of B.B. shares..
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

This is because of the Galaxy Nexus & also a few other phones are about to get released. They see that the phone will get sold on a lower price & so they lower it & so doing that will give them more money.. Rogers stays with the same price until they decide to change it.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

My zgs2 is on lte plan now but the service bar only show 2 lines ?? Why??
Highlighted

@Shorty...Did you check to see if your security setting is set to allow NON market Apps to install, because the Samsung Apps can only be installed as non market APPS.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@shaggy yes I did
I'm Here A Lot

VIEWS AFTER 3 WEEKS

-Wacky Battery Usuage: it'll be at a 100% for what seems like a long time, then all of a sudden, it like at 15%, v.annoying

-LTE Areas: I live in downtown Toronto, & I don't always automatically get it for some reason

-LTE Plan: 72 bucks = 2GB, Unlimited Evenings After 6pm & Weekends 24hrs, 200 Weekday Minutes, My10

-Processor Speeds: still flies, even after a bunch of apps, music, pdfs, pictures on phone

-Root: Successfully Rooted via SuperOneClick 2.2 ( http://www.flickr.com/photos/ericgarcia/6397699551/ )

-Case: via eBay Casemate Barely There Model (http://stores.ebay.com/Exati-Technologies?_trksid=p4340.l2563 )

-Screen Protector: ( http://stores.ebay.com/All-City?_trksid=p4340.l2563)

-Tweaked: (http://mycolorscreen.com/2011/11/17/newest-deskie/)

-Phone Size: Still feel like it's just a wee bit too big/wide, but whatev, I'll deal with it

-Kies Air: Who knew a Samsung Stock App would be so great? love it!!

that's about all I can think of right now...any questions, just pm me..

later skaters!

PS -- kinda funny that erreyone disappeared from here once they got their S2 LTE's..hehehehe..

Highlighted

I think that many are still around, just probably checking out the main Android page. @Tristan... any chance that you might post a exactly step by step on how you rooted your phone?
Highlighted

Pretty sad,that there are still some csrs that don't know, unless Rogers is telling them, to pretend.....??
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

ism80 I get that plan last week, hey callme to offerme this package 6gb for  $ 30.00shaggyskunk we still here checking the post but when i post somethig it is ereased by some one @roger , the person who contro; this forum I gess. any ways iam here

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hey everyone,

I've been following all these SGII LTE threads since the beginning,  but never decided to post until now.

I'm pretty surprised to hear a lot of people having issues with this phone; from battery life, to screen problems. It seems to be a problem affecting only a small batch of phones. I could be wrong about this but from my experience, the SGII has worked pretty flawlessly.

Battery has lasted from 16-20 hrs from heavy use (downloading, browsing, e-mail, texting, calls). Even longer using Edge, but Edge is slow as balls. Battery is currently at 29hrs with 26% left (moderate use today, 6hrs is from me sleeping).

And no screen problems here. Tried replicating it from the links posted in the other thread. Changed backgrounds, brightness, lighting, and still nothing.

Thought I'd just share my experience so you guys know that the problems don't affect all SGII's.