Samsung Galaxy S2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

@Todd - Regarding the battery issue. I got off the phone with tech support regarding battery issue and why Im having trouble getting 3G and mainly 95% on EDGE, he told me the same thing, Backup all contacts to sim and do a "Factory data reset", I'll have to do this tonight since it'll take a few to get my apps back up and running again. Hope this works.

And BTW, GO launcher is one of the best ive used so far as a launcher including most of their apps/widgets.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I called Rogers too about the LTE plan , and I still have to get a new plan in order to get that, bc it is part of the package, and not a stand alone deal. But im sure ain't going to sacrifice my 700 day time minutes to 200 for a new plan, and besides Alberta doesn't have LTE yet.
I Plan to Stick Around

shaggy: you may be having a tech issue with your phone. i only once and a while cant connect to a webpage and have to refresh it but other then that absolutely no probs. im also not using lte network. but you should look into this. its either lte network or theres something wrong with your phone.
I Plan to Stick Around

i too am in alberta with no lte and my phone is fast enough, i dont need this extra stuff
I'm a Trusted Contributor

on hold with rogers at about 2;30pm....CSR is still trying to find this plan, that "went live" on the 17th...yesterday.

rogers REALLY needs to get their act together...AGAIN!  Why does rogers insist on blind-siding their own people??? 

It's not the CSR's fault that they have not been informed.  Why were the customers having to inform rogers CSRs about the delivery of the SGll.

Finally...after listening to rogers, ever so delightful "on hold music" (I'd rather be duct-taped to a chair being forced to watch the New Two and a half Men...over and over) the CSR found the plan....I mentioned that the EE's at rogers should speak to their management about leaving the "front-line" in the lurch, yet again..Sigh.

Plan Changed to 6 Gig....Phew...Time now 2:48pm.

Next on the List: LTE connectivity issues, but even at 4G speeds...$30 for 6 Gigs is WAY better then what I had been paying for an HSPA+ Rocketstick.....It was $50.00 for 2 Gigs until I got them to reduce that by 50%...but now by paying an extra $10.00 for Shared Data, the cost for BOTH is $40.00!!

I have been trying to see if I could get Mobilesyrup to conduct a Survey of rogers customers, with LTE, to determine overall satisfaction with in rogers own words "THE FASTEST WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY ON THE PLANET"?

I figure if those that find the LTE speeds and connectivity, well crappy..Send in an e-mail to info@mobilesyrup.com .... perhaps we can be as successful as we were in getting Rogers to address the issue.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@shortydm11 wrote:
shaggy: you may be having a tech issue with your phone. i only once and a while cant connect to a webpage and have to refresh it but other then that absolutely no probs. im also not using lte network. but you should look into this. its either lte network or theres something wrong with your phone.

Thanks Shorty...It may be an issue with my phone, but I was having similar issues with my rocketstick....it may be more of a location issue, even though I am within 1km of a tower...and can see Parliment Hill (don't know if that is the problem...all those politicians  🙂  with their bad Karma, disturbing the air..yeah, I am wearing my tin foil hat).

I Plan to Stick Around

i turned off gos but battery usage says gps is on. does anyone kno why??

I'm a Trusted Advisor

You need to restart the phone & do a battery pull & the gps will come off the battery usage.
I Plan to Stick Around

is it normal to drop 10-15% battery in 8 hr standby with following condition?

-edge network

-wifi off

-gps off

I'm a Trusted Advisor

My s2 LTE did the same thing. My battery dropped 10-15% each hour. This is why i gave it back.