Samsung Galaxy S2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

Well, for those of you still on the fence, Bell and Virgin just announced that they are going to be the first to offer the Galaxy Nexus.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/14/galaxy-nexus-headed-to-bell-and-virgin-mobile-in-canada-three-i/

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yes its been posted in the Galaxy Nexus thread. I would suggest you post that their & NOT here seeing as this thread is about the S2 LTE not the Galaxy Nexus.

Also on the Nexus Bell & Virgin have exclusive launch for it. So Rogers is getting it after Bell & Virgin releases it. Virgin claims on their website they are going to be the first to launch it.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hey, just wondering....does anyone else know you can have 1. texts display on the lock screen (what the person actually said) and 2. FB notifications show up on the lockscreen instead of just disappearing after 5 seconds.....

Help would be appreciated Smiley Happy

Thanks

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the response before, Meowmix. I have another question if anyone happens to know the answer to it. Rogers shipped my galaxy s2 a week ago and the UPS tracking says it was delivered today - does that mean the store has it and I can go pick it up or just that it was delivered to a head office in Edmonton?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

**BATTERY UPDATE**

- Unplugged it at 100% from the wall charger at 11:00am
- Switched to 3G/GSM instead of 4G
- Light usage, multitasked scrabble, updates from marketplace and facebook group chatting.
- listened to music approx 1.5hrs at the gym
- Used wifi to download resources for a game approx 15mins.

and now it is 10PM so and sitting at 20% making it 11hrs usage so far at medium usage. I could probably go another 1-1.5hrs

Summary, switching from 4G to 3G totally saved a lot of battery time, brightness at minimum and wifi if I really need it.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

How do you change to 3g mode?? Is that gsm mode?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thats correct, you should see it switch from 4 to G..sometimes to E for edge

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I am curious...Why would the SG2 show that it's connection is at Edge speed, while my Rocketstick is still connected at HSPA+ when they are sitting right next to eachother??? 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Shaggy this is one reason why i gave back my S2 LTE. I was able to get more bars & service on my Raider & iPhone 4S & with the S2 LTE i would not be able to get that much with it.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Meowmix wrote:
Shaggy this is one reason why i gave back my S2 LTE. I was able to get more bars & service on my Raider & iPhone 4S & with the S2 LTE i would not be able to get that much with it.

Hey Meow, how's it going?

Well, I had spent almost 2 years with rogers tech about the rocketstick.....even when connected to hspa+ the download speed sucked!!  In the end, rogers is crediting me back 50% of the Sticks monthly cost.  I STILL have to sit down and look at how much the now TWO data plans are costing and just how far I can squeeze "my guardian angel" at rogers for discounts on the plan (s)? and the phone itself.  I know that many have commented that rogers won't budge...but I have over the course of the last couple of years (been with rogers for about 15+) been able to credit back to my account over $600.00 in data charges...I guess it depends on who you get when you call....?

In the last month or so the speed on the stick have been better...maybe because of LTE work?  I am checking connectivity when I am within 1km of a tower...but I see random 4G all the way to "can't display the page.....check your connection".... My Razr V9x ALWAYS had great reception/bars....So Is it the SG, or is it rogers??