Samsung Galaxy S2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

OKai I picked up my S2 from UPS last nite....

Its the best toy so far after PS3....I compared it with my GF's  S2 vs Rogers LTE version looks cool and nice, a bit faster too

Also I used it straight  for 12 hrs untill my battery was dead..

First thoughts, its kinda confusing with the power button on the side...not used to hit a side button to unlock the phone.

A Lot of Rogers crap....don't knw hw to get rid of it

Volume is not tht loud compared to the S2 and volume button feels too cheap

No proper userguide or manual with the box....But I was able to download one from samsung

I m loving it .....................

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@ppt wrote:

OKai I picked up my S2 from UPS last nite....

Its the best toy so far after PS3....I compared it with my GF S2..Rogers LTE version looks cool and nice a bit faster too

Also I used it straight  for 12 hrs untill my battery was dead..

First thoughts, its kinda confusing with the power button on the side...not used to hit a side button to unlock the phone.

A Lot of Rogers crap....don't knw hw to get rid of it

Volume is not tht loud compared to the S2 and volume button feels too cheap

No proper userguide or manual with the box....But I was able to download one from samsung

I m loving it .....................

Please tell us...When you say you compared it with your GF....I hope that does not mean Girl Friend  "-)

I Plan to Stick Around

@ReillyWood wrote:

I've had the phone 4 days (since Saturday).  First android phone.

My comments & observations:

1. the phone is the SGH-I727R.  You can find the manual on the samsung.ca site

Here's the link to the manual that was released the other day. Thanks Reilly for the info

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201111/20111108064819689/i727R_Celox_UG_ENG_D3_web.pdf

After about 5 hrs the battery was down to about 67% with moderate use, this is after having it for about 5 days.  The one thing that I did notice, is that from a full charge, the battery drops to about 93% precipitously, but then levels off.

Still no feedback from anyone about the speed of downloads or even connectivity?  I often see the "4G" skip down to Edge, and this is in Ottawa...not the Boonies.

I am also a bit surprised that there are not more, if even any comments regarding the control of our phones that rogers has taken away from us.  One look at what is missing from the Cdn version and the AT&T version of the owners manuals, and you can see how some of the basic controls that we have, are very limited in comparison.

I'm Here A Lot

I'm not on LTE but compared to my E71, downloads are very fast, usually. I'm in Vancouver and consistently on 4G, I've never noticed it dropping down to less.

What have we lost in control?
I'm Here A Lot

Anyone else have the Factory Test service running?  What is that?

@ReillyWood wrote:
I'm not on LTE but compared to my E71, downloads are very fast, usually. I'm in Vancouver and consistently on 4G, I've never noticed it dropping down to less.

What have we lost in control?

Well, you are not the Device Administrator to start with, so stuff that rogers has installed, a.k.a. "bloat-ware" can't be deleted by you, unless you "root" the device.  Basically, "rooting the phone" gives you access to the Root Directory, the same way that you would have on your own laptop.  Maybe it's just me, but It's not as though I am an employee of some company, and they gave me the phone....maybe then they can say what I can and can't change on it.

@ReillyWood wrote:

Anyone else have the Factory Test service running?  What is that?

Yup it's running on mine.  I am new to android, but a guess would be, that itis monitoring services such as security.

Does anyone seee an LTE icon displayed above and to the right of 4G?

I Plan to Stick Around

Did anyone switch to the LTE Plan?  How much is it and what's included?  I have a pretty good plan right now so I'm not sure about switching and paying double what I have now..