Samsung Galaxy S2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

Yes people will look up S2 LTE but from the images Rogers & others have shown others will know the right one 🙂 The model you showed is the one in Korea. They are the same exact phone but with different looks & style & Model numbers. Rogers Model number is sgh-i72

I Plan to Stick Around

Ok, anyways

How is the S2 compared to the raider meowmix?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=4303&idPhone2=3958
Right their. 🙂

Well the s2 LTE has 480 x 800 pixels, 4.5 inches (~207 ppi pixel density) When the HTC Raider has 540 x 960 pixels, 4.5 inches (~245 ppi pixel density)

Yes we know that the S2 LTE has Super AMOLED Plus But in my eyes when i compare both screens the HTC Raider has a higher res Screen. Colors are vivid on this. The S2 LTE has vivid colors as well but does not show them just right.

Testing the Battery on Both phones with 4G speeds ( not using LTE since i am not going to be paying for it) HTC Raider battery lasted me 15 Hours of hardcore use VS the s2 LTE lasted me 11 hours doing the same exact stuff on both phones. ( texting, emailing, surfing the web, listening to music & also playing the same games on both phones.)

The HTC Raider has 1.2Ghz Vs the S2 LTE has 1.5ghz. Both phones are fast. the .3 does really nothing to be honest. Its not as fast as it should be. Anyways WIth the Raider you get a LED notification light on the top Left side VS the s2 LTE does not have one & you need to download a app to use the touch sensitive keys to do that ( i would not recommend that seeing as the ligh inside can die faster that way.)

The S2 LTE has a NFC chip in it  VS the HTC Raider that does not have it. Now some are saying that the NFC chip is needed & some Same its not needed. Now to tell you the truth its not really needed why? No stores have NFC equintment to be used on. No stores in Toronto, Montreal, Calgary or Ottawa has them setup. We all buy phones every year or so but when the NFC comes to stores in a year or 2 years then we are all going to buy another phone ( seeing as people buy phones every 2 years)

The HTC has Sence 3.0 VS the S2 LTE has touchwiz. They are both nice but the s2 LTE one looks like a iPhone with the same icons & such. ( some may disgree but a lot of people will agree with this.) The style the icons just the same as Apple did with the 4 row one. I have not had a issue with the Sense 3.0 with HTC. I really like it with the weather underneath the clock & such.

I Plan to Stick Around

Considering u have both. You still would chose the S2 over the raider then?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

No not really. My pick would be the HTC Raider. I really love the phone & it has stuff the S2 does not have. I will not get into that seeing as it will be a lot to write down lol. As for my S2 LTE well i might be giving it to one of my cow workers as a gift OR i might sell it & give the money to a family that needs it. So in all i am sticking to my HTC Raider.

I will say this tho. The S2 LTE is a amazing phone overall. You guys will love it if you do not already do. For me i love HTC rather the S2. Samsung reminds me more of iPhone's. The icons on the Samsung phone's remind me of iPhone icons. The same rows & everything. This is one thing I HATE about any Samsung phone that has it. This is 1 reason why i would not pick it. Also my other reason being that the Battery died 3 afters less then my HTC Raider did. Considering i travel on the GO train & TTC bus i would want to be able to use that extra 3 hours. Also no cases are found for the S2 LTE where the HTC Raider has cases already out for it.

I've Been Here Awhile

i got my lte yesterday and it doesent import the phonebook to my cars any idea

I Plan to Stick Around

I bet it's bc they get commission for any upgrades on phones! That rep wanted the most out of it.
I've Been Here Awhile

gallaxy s2 lte

I've Been Here Awhile

any body ,any information

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@ meowmix..

does the htc raider have the swype texting just like the samsungs do? Going to be new to android from a blackberry so was really curious about that.