Samsung Galaxy S2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

I doubt they deliver Sunday's. But my store in mayfield common said if they receive today or tmw they would let me know. But still have my doubts. Beginning of the week it is!
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Finally back home with the S2 LTE..

Background Info:

-I was #78 on the list until it went to "in progress" mode a few days ago

-it was only from reading this forum that gave me the idea of calling Rogers stores near me

-hit the jackpot on the 10th store I called (Cloverdale Mall had 8 of them),

-posted the goodness on here & I'm stoked that peeps on here benefited from it

-didn't bother to set up a LTE plan there, confirmed that I am able to do it later

-wasn't eligble for a hardware upgrade, so basically had to pay full price (***plus a LTE Sim Card)

-($728.84, minus the $50 mail in rebate & minus the $40 Reservation Fee)

-didn't mind though, as it was billed to my account, so I'll pay it off in 3 months

(charm the Rogers rep when they call about your bill & kindly plead for time to pay it off....trust me, it works)

-have to remember to call Rogers to cancel my reservation & get my 40 bones back

Phone Thoughts:

-don't count on any stores having any S2 LTE accessories (cases & screen protector)

-wow, it's...ummmm..wide...totally lightweight, it's the I guess width of it that will take getting used to

-if you're a one-handed texter like me...you'll be reaching with your thumb for those keys on the top row

-I had the S2, so I was pretty familiar with my way around, though it is different

-Now some LTE feedback....geezus it's fast...I basically was able to re-download all my previous apps from the market before I got home, which is a 20min. drive...it's pretty speedy, no way I could have did that on 3G..

-there should be some battery charge left on the phone, ***let that drain out completely before re-charging***

& that's really all I can think of to pass on to you guys still waiting...but if you have any questions..just ask & I'll do my best to answer...gonna go & play/customize/get lost in my S2 LTE now.....Sat.Night, pssshhhhh, who cares...I have a date w/my new phone...while my g.f is at an actualy party at a friends...hehehehe...got out of that one..

later dudes!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Where did you get the 50$ mail in rebate from?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

tristanludlow8t:
you have to buy an lte sim card to use it??? wont a regular sim work if your not getting lte data plan??? how much was the sim card?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

damit i want mine lol

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yes you can use a regular sim card on it. The sim card will cost yoy around $11 with taxes. You can use your normal plan and sim on the phone
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I may have figured out why some stores in Edmonton got them vs. others.  I had mine shipped to a Rogers Plus store vs. having it sent to an authorized dealer.  I think that they shipped to their own stores first before sending them to the aurthorized dealers.  Kingsway location is Rogers Plus and WEM location I think is run by Digital Communications.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Congratulations, you lucky few!  How is the battery life, heat of the phone, weight, size and do you wish you bought something else?  I'm still on the fence and would love to know if I should pick this phone up or go with something else.  Any information would be great.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Would someone who has the phone be able to answer this question (I've seen it on XDA but since I have an account here, and not there, I thought I'd ask here)

I know there is no indicator but would someone be able to check this out? I know there is a free app called "NoLED" which has notifications on the screen and MAY have just the buttons flashing, would someone be able to test this out? Apparently if you turn off "backlight" in the NoLED settings, it doesn't use the screen, just the buttons...thought this would be an awesome way of having an indicator.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

for those wondering about the rebate form. you can also get it online or even better you can fill it out via my rogers. much faster that way.