Samsung Galaxy S2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

I have a Blackberry 6GB plan & it works just fine on my iPhone 4S & HTC Raider...

You can use the Blackberry Data plan on any phone out there. BUT you can not use a normal smartphone plan on a blackberry... Blackberries use something called " Blackberry Internet Services" aka BIS.

The LTE data plans are the same as what we have. They are just charging us more for it since LTE uses more data for higher speeds on the internet. That is all. Its a money grabbing things from all the Carriers that have it. LTE is only good if you are a kid & can not wait for a 2-3 seconds to load the page on a normal 4G speed. Also think about this. LTE is fast yes but you never get the speeds the carriers claim you will.

I Plan to Stick Around

LTE will also theoretically provide reduced network latency. Which is usefull for all kinds of things like networked games.

I Plan to Stick Around

Of course you're never gonna get full speeds quoted it's like that with everything, you're still getting much higher speeds than anything else especially upload speeds. But I don't really see the need for from a mobile perspective, gaming on mobile devices just isn't the same as computer or console gaming, if a game I'm playing on my mobile losses connection I don't really care not that committed or serious about mobile gaming
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

My store (Edmonton, Kingsway) just called to inform me that my phone and my wife's phone just arrived.

Will be grabbing them this afternoon... we're so excited!

I Plan to Stick Around

you just resign a contract for that same plan and please report that customer service rep omg!!!
I'm Here A Lot

i just got the call as well

I Plan to Stick Around

JimmyJo what number were you??
I Plan to Stick Around

@jimmyjo

Seriously?? I'm from Edmonton and my store is the mayfield common one that I chose. What number where u on the list? I haven't got a call. Maybe I should call
I Plan to Stick Around

wow theres alot of us in edmonton. i just called the one on 109th to see if mine came in yet but unfortunately it didnt 😞
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Just got the call...my phone has arrived.....who doubted rogers and the saturday delivery?  WKRP turkey drops forever